What's new

First pen recommendation

I like Rome Burning, too. Worst are some of the Private reserves like Grey Flannel.

never tried private reserve.
the rep is terrible, and even if they defy all odds and turn out to be great at best its only another color i don't need, and probably already have 3 of.

Aloha,

Pilot Metropolitan was a great starter pen for me. I still carry it around as my daily go to pen. It was cheap enough that I don't really care if it gets lost, stolen, or damaged during the course of the day. I would cry if any of that happened to my Waterman Carene or worst if it happened to my Mont Blanc Starwalker.

Mahalo,

My first was a Lamy Safari, which were purchased just a couple of months ago. I like it a lot. I think it's a great starter pen, not that I've purchased any other pens to compare it with. Still a great pen for a beginner.

Aloha,

Pilot Metropolitan was a great starter pen for me. I still carry it around as my daily go to pen. It was cheap enough that I don't really care if it gets lost, stolen, or damaged during the course of the day. I would cry if any of that happened to my Waterman Carene or worst if it happened to my Mont Blanc Starwalker.

Mahalo,

i had a few metros, but they are all either sold or given away.
the sharp edge at the grip section was killer for me, and a total deal breaker.

i had a few metros, but they are all either sold or given away.
the sharp edge at the grip section was killer for me, and a total deal breaker.

My first fountain was a Metropolitan. I don't have much to compare it to - it still makes up 50% of my collection - but I really enjoy writing with it.

Top Bottom