What's new

First open comb shave, stellar!

Neither is especially aggressive. I liked the old RR Jaws, sadly no longer available. I don't mind aggressive, but I hate inefficient and aggressive. The Schone Italian just delivers a great shave and it not blade fussy at all. I would say it's a little more aggressive than a Gillette New Type circa 1930. It's very comfortable to use, and a bargain at under $30.

I believe Hibco sells their version of the jaws. At least it looks the same

I have a Maggard V2 OC as well. It was my first OC razor and too was surprised on the smoothness and efficiency of it. It's a keeper and a steal of a deal. Love Maggard stuff. Since I've acquired and Muhle R41. It's going to be my daily driver for the near future. I'm only a year in to ditching cartridges and I have struggled to find that perfect combo that leaves me with a BBS shave and no irritation. I think with the R41 I'm on he right tack. I've only shaves 3x with it, but all 3 have been excellent. I'm sure it will teach me great form and then I can go back to some of my other that I struggle with and be happy with them. I'm learning that I am more careful with an aggressive razor and get great results and over shave with mild razors leaving me with irritation.

Top Bottom