What's new

First Olympian Ares Beard Oil Review

FEF25173-2AE5-4A36-BA98-7D858FE2B5BF.jpeg

This is a beautifully packaged beard oil from our friends in the UK. It boasts a “premium” label and let me tell you, it’s well deserved. Ares comes in a gorgeous corked bottle and sturdy presentation box with ample documentation. I’ve used it 4 nights in a row and awake with a pillow-soft beard. I also wore it throughout the day on Saturday and it didn’t disappoint.

Scent Description: Fresh, smoky and vigilant, with pine forest and alluring leather and smoke undertones (from website).

I get very little pine, and slight leather, but a helluva lot of smoke. The scent description should read: SMOKE!!! It’s definitely an acquired taste but I enjoy it and it pairs very well with Midnight & Two’s The Study Beard Balm. Ares isn’t an overpowering scent and can faintly be picked up for about three hours after application. If you do small touch-ups, sport a goat, or shave the neck, this Oil would go nicely with Barrister & Mann’s Fougère Gothique or Phoenix & Beau’s Whitechapel shave soaps. And if you’re a full-on beardsman and a fan of smoky accords this one’s for you.

Performance: This is where First Olympian Beard Oil really shines. I’ve recently been self-diagnosed with Beard Product AD and have been trying anything I can get my hands on. While a lot of products I’ve used perform exceptionally well, this one performs a little better. The softness of my beard after 8-10 hours is truly unbelievable. Ares is not greasy and absorbs nicely into the beard/skin and promotes a healthy and happy beard.

I highly recommend picking up some samples of First Olympian Beard Oil and finding the scent that speaks to you. You won’t regret it.

Price: £29.95 ($40.18 USD) for 50mL.

Top Bottom