What's new

First impressions of the OneBlade

I enjoy the shave I get from The OneBlade so much I have given up searching for "The Razor". I see no need to keep looking anymore. There is nothing about this razor I don't like. It gives me a great shave everyday!
The cost of blades aren't a problem either. You DO NOT have to buy the blades from OneBlade. I have been able to buy multiple boxes of blades from Connaught Shaving @45 cents a blade.
If you like the razor, then just buy some blades and enjoy the shave. If you don't, then just move on and keep looking for "The Razor" for you.

Agree 100%. I now have nearly 3 years worth of Feather FHS blades and none were purchased from OB. Love the shave I get with this razor and still think I have some technique to improve upon using the pivot.

The OneBlade is a nice razor but it's a little on the mild side. I prefer a little more aggressive razor. It will certainly remain in my rotation.

I enjoy the shave I get from The OneBlade so much I have given up searching for "The Razor". I see no need to keep looking anymore. There is nothing about this razor I don't like. It gives me a great shave everyday!
The cost of blades aren't a problem either. You DO NOT have to buy the blades from OneBlade. I have been able to buy multiple boxes of blades from Connaught Shaving @45 cents a blade.
If you like the razor, then just buy some blades and enjoy the shave. If you don't, then just move on and keep looking for "The Razor" for you.
I would be happy buying it at a lower price. I don't think the price is justified in this case, given the manufacturing process used. An artisanal razor with higher quality components would cost less. The Hone 15 for example. But o do really like the head design, I think that's very innovative.

I like it when people get testy when someone else doesn't like a razor!
Kinda crazy that others can't have an opinion!

I don't care if someone hates the OB! I love mine.
They have the right to voice an opinion! Just let them and leave them be.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I recently took a break from my OB, and used a razor that had previously been on my to-sell list: the 2013 R41. I had thought that this razor was just too aggressive for me. In the time since I had given up on it, I started using high-quality soaps. So this re-try of the R41 was my first time pairing it with a great soap.

I loved it! Doesn’t matter what blades I used. After I got it dialed in, and remembered my technique, it was smooth sailing. Not a weeper or nick in sight. Extremely smooth BBS – 24 hours later I am still at DFS.

I recently got my OB back in the rotation and thought I’d share the differences between that and the 2013 R41.

Efficiency: Both the R41 and the OB give me BBS. R41 is definitely more efficient that OB. The R41 hardly left any residual soap on the skin, so my ability to go back over areas I had already shaved was limited. Because of this, my routine was twice as fast with the R41.

Closeness: Both give perfect BBS. The BBS lasts much longer with the R41.

Ease of use: OB is much easier to use, completely carefree. With the R41, although I never worry about cutting myself, I do have to pay much more attention to angle and pressure.

Loading: I actually don't like loading the OB. It takes much more concentration than loading a DE, because of the glue.

Final thoughts: I really like both of these razors. For me, the R41 won out, because it’s a faster, closer shave. I would still recommend the OB to any new user though, or anyone who isn’t using a high quality soap, as it’s much less aggressive.

Certainly sound advice. I recently got the RR Old Type and fell in love with it so I think I'm out of the RAD game and won't be purchasing the One Blade, or Mongoose for that matter, because I just found it gives me great shaves that are incredible comfortable and easy. So it's likely that the One Blade really is a better razor in the end but for the price difference it's really no competition at this point in time. Maybe in a couple years when I feel the itch again I'll reconsider the One Blade but till then I've found "The Razor" for me! :thumbup1:

I keep flip flopping about which razor I like the best, the OneBlade or the Mongoose. I get great shaves from them both but tonight I notice that I do get a bit more irritation from the Mongoose. So the OneBlade is back in first place for now.
I should just sell all my other razors and be done with it.

$OB_SOC.jpg

Is the OB going to cause many who wanted to switch to a DE to go back to an SE?

It's half the blade but takes half the concentration.

Even if the blade is the same price as a DE blade you are paying twice the price.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Does anyone have any recommendations for cleaning the OB without damaging it?

on the same note, the OB shaving with RR Lime Oil is wooonderful...

Does anyone have any recommendations for cleaning the OB without damaging it?

on the same note, the OB shaving with RR Lime Oil is wooonderful...

I let it soak in a bowl with warm water and dish soap for a bit, say 30 minutes or so, and then I get a soft bristle toothbrush and gently scrub it getting the bristles in between the spaces of the head where the blade is inserted. Give it a rinse and dry and voila! clean razor.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I let it soak in a bowl with warm water and dish soap for a bit, say 30 minutes or so, and then I get a soft bristle toothbrush and gently scrub it getting the bristles in between the spaces of the head where the blade is inserted. Give it a rinse and dry and voila! clean razor.
Many thanks

Top Bottom