What's new

First impression of the Razorock 37 slant.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
About two weeks in and I haven't felt the need to change my Astra SP blade. Again, only time I get irritation is if I try to go ATG. Dang good razor.

To quote you, it is a dang good razor. Probably should have bought two!

Will be using it again tonight, will post any more impressions. Should I try a different blade?
I have never used the RR37, but I intend to try it based on your recommendations.

Regarding blades, after some experimentation, I found the Feather blade and Slant razors to be a match made in heaven.

I have never used the RR37, but I intend to try it based on your recommendations.

Regarding blades, after some experimentation, I found the Feather blade and Slant razors to be a match made in heaven.

I always find Feathers to be a touch too aggressive but I'll load one tomorrow if I remember and report back.

I got my 37 German this weekend, and I have three shaves into it and I must say it's a fine shaver. I've loaded mine with Astra sp blade and it seems to be an excellent match for this razor.

IMHO Feathers would be better in a milder razor than this, as the razor itself is a bit aggressive. But, as always, YMMV in all things Shaving.

Feather was just fine. Didn't feel much different to be honest.

I can't call this an aggressive razor at all. I love mild razors. I like the Weber and I liked the Feather and ATT M1. This one has a similar feel to me and seems less aggressive than the 37C I had a few years ago.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have been using my RR37 slant for about 2 wks and it is a very excellent razor, it is worth the $20 US for a top tier razor.
I can get a excellent shave with 2 passes and pick ups (2 1/2 pass), that means less blade time for nicks & irritation of skin. Also less wear on blades and less soap usage if that means anything to the frugal shaver.
Slant razors are very efficient and when you look at this RR37 head it looks like a hybrid slant with large lather grooves on the straight safety bar almost like a open comb concept(not a open comb for sure).
So when the blade is gliding on face the safety bar is not plowing all the lather out of the way so your protection is increased a lot.
Another interesting design is the cap has leading edge grooves also to help the razor slide on the face a little easier from residual soap left behind to make for a smoother glide.
I look for lather grooves on straight safety bar on any razor now because they are important I believe in the quest for a irritation free shave!
All the best

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have been using my RR37 slant for about 2 wks and it is a very excellent razor, it is worth the $20 US for a top tier razor.
I can get a excellent shave with 2 passes and pick ups (2 1/2 pass), that means less blade time for nicks & irritation of skin. Also less wear on blades and less soap usage if that means anything to the frugal shaver.
Slant razors are very efficient and when you look at this RR37 head it looks like a hybrid slant with large lather grooves on the straight safety bar almost like a open comb concept(not a open comb for sure).
So when the blade is gliding on face the safety bar is not plowing all the lather out of the way so your protection is increased a lot.
Another interesting design is the cap has leading edge grooves also to help the razor slide on the face a little easier from residual soap left behind to make for a smoother glide.
I look for lather grooves on straight safety bar on any razor now because they are important I believe in the quest for a irritation free shave!
All the best
Thanks for the review! I went ahead and read through this thread in it's entirety. Good memories.
And I still love my RR37! Especially since I swapped out the handle for a light weight one, oddly. Allows for a little extra pressure to be applied, a holdover from my cart shaving days.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
If you are thinking about buying the RR37 slant razor- it is a good one, this fellow on you tube could not of displayed this razor any better! Listen to the acoustics as it passes the skin clipping the beard. Same opinion I have! off.

Top Bottom