What's new

First impression of the Razorock 37 slant.

Well I'm not really a math guy but I guess so. In terms a schlub like me could understand, let's say I hold the handle normally at around 4 o:clock (WTG pass), with this razor it's more like 3 o:clock.

Ummm... that would have the handle sticking out at a 90 degree angle...:blink:

Well I'm not really a math guy but I guess so. In terms a schlub like me could understand, let's say I hold the handle normally at around 4 o:clock (WTG pass), with this razor it's more like 3 o:clock.
That would mean that you use a shallower angle.

For a shallow angle, you hold the razor handle closer to parallel to the floor; for a steeper angle, you hold the razor handle more pointing toward the floor.

That would mean that you use a shallower angle.

For a shallow angle, you hold the razor handle closer to parallel to the floor; for a steeper angle, you hold the razor handle more pointing toward the floor.

I already admitted math wasn't my strong suit. lol

Ask me about medieval Russian history though.

Thanks, think I had it backwards. Can't wait to try it.

I also noticed that I got really smooth shave (in combination with Astra SP blades) if the angle is shallow, incredible. I have to work on this angle when going XTG though as the surfaces are not so flat as going N-S.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I also noticed that I got really smooth shave (in combination with Astra SP blades) if the angle is shallow, incredible. I have to work on this angle when going XTG though as the surfaces are not so flat as going N-S.
Hey, a question for you: are Astra SP blades easily obtained? Like all things double edged I've found that the saying,"your mileage may vary" is a truism. I just wanted to know if they're as good or as bad as I've heard, depending on the user. Also if they are worth putting out money for. In my limited experience, the GSB's that Highspeedlane PIF'd me have been awesome on my face.

Hey, a question for you: are Astra SP blades easily obtained?

You go on the Internet, pay maybe $9, and 100 Astra SP razor blades arrive several days later. Pretty much as easy as any other razor blades.

They're not some exotic blades which require long hours of online searching to find, if that's what you mean. They're readily available via Amazon. Also, eBay. And various online shaving supply websites.

If you're already very happy with the blades you're using, feel free to keep using them. If you're not entirely satisfied with whatever you're currently using, or if you're simply curious and would like to try out some new blades, well, like I said, you can likely obtain 100 Astra SP's for under 10 bucks. Or buy a smaller quantity for maybe $3 or $4, and it'll still get you enough blades for you to see how you like them.

Me? I find Astra SP to be excellent blades, but my favorite blades are Gillette Silver Blues. That's just me, though. If the next guy prefers the Astras to the GSB's, it won't upset me or anything.

FarmerTan

You go on the Internet, pay maybe $9, and 100 Astra SP razor blades arrive several days later. Pretty much as easy as any other razor blades.

They're not some exotic blades which require long hours of online searching to find, if that's what you mean. They're readily available via Amazon. Also, eBay. And various online shaving supply websites.

If you're already very happy with the blades you're using, feel free to keep using them. If you're not entirely satisfied with whatever you're currently using, or if you're simply curious and would like to try out some new blades, well, like I said, you can likely obtain 100 Astra SP's for under 10 bucks. Or buy a smaller quantity for maybe $3 or $4, and it'll still get you enough blades for you to see how you like them.

Me? I find Astra SP to be excellent blades, but my favorite blades are Gillette Silver Blues. That's just me, though. If the next guy prefers the Astras to the GSB's, it won't upset me or anything.

Thanks so much for your fast reply. Sounds like I'll end up getting some out of curiosity. And I could always PIF the majority.

Hey, a question for you: are Astra SP blades easily obtained? Like all things double edged I've found that the saying,"your mileage may vary" is a truism. I just wanted to know if they're as good or as bad as I've heard, depending on the user. Also if they are worth putting out money for. In my limited experience, the GSB's that Highspeedlane PIF'd me have been awesome on my face.
I got them from eBay, for under 10$ for 100 blades sent from Turkey. It took 3 weeks to arrive in Romania. They are my reference blades I try with new razor or when I want to compare blades.

FarmerTan

I got them from eBay, for under 10$ for 100 blades sent from Turkey. It took 3 weeks to arrive in Romania. They are my reference blades I try with new razor or when I want to compare blades.
It appears I thanked a different poster earlier, lol. Thanks, I probably will get some. That's probably the coolest thing about DE shaving to me: the variety of blades makes a mundane task something to look forward to!

Can I get a recommendation for which blade I should try first? I have GSB, Polsilver SI and astra sp. The astra sp seemed awful dull and dragged but maybe this is a better razor for this blade? I have others but I don't think they are the quality of what is listed, except for persona reds, maybe. I have not tried this blade yet.

Can I get a recommendation for which blade I should try first? I have GSB, Polsilver SI and astra sp.
Try them in whichever order you like, or select from them at random. They're all good razor blades.

The astra sp seemed awful dull and dragged but maybe this is a better razor for this blade?
As Astra SP blades aren't typically recognized as being dull or dragging, I would suspect the problem you had with them was due to your shaving technique, and not due to either the blades or there being a poor match between blade and razor.

It may be tempting to pin the blame on hardware shortcomings, but far more often the true cause of the problem lies with operator error. :)

Top Bottom