What's new

First Impression: Derby Blades

I don't have much experience with these blades yet so I think a full review would be premature at this point. Instead I am content just to share my first impressions about them. Anyone considering using Derbys may want to take note.

I got 240 Derbys on Ebay for 20$ shipped. At eight cents a blade the price can't be beat. Normally for a very low priced item the quality is poor, but from what I hear on this forum they are a good blade. My first very first use of the blade didn't impress me. They struck me as being exactly the same as the blade I was using before so I was a little dissapointed. I was still happy to be saving alot of money on blades, but dissapointed nonetheless. So I kept using Derbys and after another two shaves my opinion started to change. I think I am getting a closer, more comfortable shave with the derbys than with my previous blade. Also they seem to last at least 33% longer (3 shaves vs 2) per blade.

That's my first impression. Later when I feel experienced enough with wetshaving, and when I have used some other blades to compare these to I will write a full review. For now I'm just happy to recommend these blades as "worth a try" for anyone who is considering spending the dough.

---Michael

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Everybody has a favorite, and everyone's correct.
The only way you'll know which one is your fave is to try them all.

The Derbys are excellent blades, and you got a steal on them. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom