What's new

First impessions of Green Cult razor

It's a stainless steel razor. The head is not polished. It's machined finish. The handle is tinted by some kind of anodize process but I'm not sure of the material being used. The handle is too heavy to be aluminum. The tolerances are very good and it is a very attractive package for $50.
Now for the shave. This is a first one so it is only initial impression. I used a kai blade. There is a blade feel but not too much. You should be aware for what you doing. I have coarse, grey hair so I prefer efficient razors. The final result was amazing. The skin feels like marble. This razor shaves closer than Blackbird and R41 but feels smoother.
I impressed. Will continue to use for couple of weeks with different blades. Very satisfied with this purchase.

GeenCult.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
This razor shaves closer than Blackbird and R41 but feels smoother.

I know it’s a first shave and the results could be from an adrenaline-assisted honeymoon period, but given your experience with the Blackbird, R41, Executive Shave Alpha Outlaw, and Tatara Masamune Nodachi, that’s quite a statement.

Reading on for further impressions from you, @Iridian , and @wulf-dancer

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have coarse, grey hair so I prefer efficient razors. The final result was amazing. The skin feels like marble. This razor shaves closer than Blackbird and R41 but feels smoother.

View attachment 1414033

This right here, definitely piques my interest. Now, if I could just get someone to do a comparison between this and the humble Yaqi Top Aggressive Slant...

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I know it’s a first shave and the results could be from an adrenaline-assisted honeymoon period, but given your experience with the Blackbird, R41, Executive Shave Alpha Outlaw, and Tatara Masamune Nodachi, that’s quite a statement.
I can only second @Felix G and say again that I did not expect it to shave so well. Machining marks are very visible, but the looks still work out. The shaving quality of the head is amazing, and yeah, I have all the razors mentioned above, too. I expected it to be a "Lady Shave"... :001_tt2: and cut myself on the first shave. But I didn't mind, the result was superb.

The long and heavy handle doesn't look grippy, but the spirals work out nicely, too. I didn't expect that either.

Because, just look at the handle and the head. At first glance, but only at first glance, it looks just like a Zomchi safety razor, with a DE89 head clone. I could not have been further of the mark. I wonder how many potential buyers smiled and ignored it because of this or a similar misconception.

This razor was my highlight of 2022 so far. I got a Tatara Masamune Nodachi later which was also a joy, but "Wally's Weed Whacker" totally floored me.

I also wrote the seller that the razor needs a name. Maybe not the one above. It deserves a name or fancy model number! :)

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Yaqi slant also shaves well but feels much more aggressive with noticeable blade shutter. But the GreenCult shaves closer. It not smooth Like Alpha Outlaw, but not far from.
Wonderful! Now I have my next item that I absolutely, positively must have. Now.

As I am in the GRUYERE, I guess I will have to trade...

I received mine the other day and like you I think it's a great shaver. I just swapped the handle out for one that's not as heavy. A Ti handle.

It's a stainless steel razor. The head is not polished. It's machined finish. The handle is tinted by some kind of anodize process but I'm not sure of the material being used. The handle is too heavy to be aluminum. The tolerances are very good and it is a very attractive package for $50.
Now for the shave. This is a first one so it is only initial impression. I used a kai blade. There is a blade feel but not too much. You should be aware for what you doing. I have coarse, grey hair so I prefer efficient razors. The final result was amazing. The skin feels like marble. This razor shaves closer than Blackbird and R41 but feels smoother.
I impressed. Will continue to use for couple of weeks with different blades. Very satisfied with this purchase.

View attachment 1414033
The razor and the handle are completely made out of stainless steel (Edelstahl).

I am waiting for a more sensible size handle and some texture maybe.
Wait on brother. It's a bit too long etc. But delivers a helluva shave. I have no problems with grip etc. I originally changed the handle to a Ti halo but went back because this razor has a certain amount of charm. If the length REALLY bothers you...cut it down. Otherwise waiting for a small company to acquiesce may take a while.

Top Bottom