What's new

First "great" shave

Ive been DE shaving for about a month and ive had some decent shaves, but tonight i had the shave that made me say "so thats what everyone is talking about". Still mapping issues with my neck and more to learn but I took my time, tried to remember to not use any pressure, and it felt great. No irratation, nicks, cuts or anything.
I used Merkur HD classic and the 7 0'clock sharpedge blades; superlather tabac/musgo.

Anyways thanks for all the info on this forum, it really helped me a lot (or got me into a new hobby)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's great when you have one of those "it all came together" moments.
Congrats, it only gets better.

It's even better when you realize most of what you are doing comes from muscle-memory, and you simply "use The Force". That realization came to me after my first BBS shave. I remembered later that when I was shaving that day, I wasn't thinking "no pressure, which way does the hair grow here?, is this blade dull?, I wonder when I will get BBS?" during the shave. I was just shaving, and when I did the post-shave rinse, I felt BBS for the first time!

I can't think of a better way to describe it, but one day it will click, and you will have BBS every shave (or nearly every shave). Just don't "think about it".

It's even better when you realize most of what you are doing comes from muscle-memory, and you simply "use The Force". That realization came to me after my first BBS shave. I remembered later that when I was shaving that day, I wasn't thinking "no pressure, which way does the hair grow here?, is this blade dull?, I wonder when I will get BBS?" during the shave. I was just shaving, and when I did the post-shave rinse, I felt BBS for the first time!

I can't think of a better way to describe it, but one day it will click, and you will have BBS every shave (or nearly every shave). Just don't "think about it".
Mmmm, BBS shave. I want!:w00t:

Try shaving at night sometime -- before going to sleep. You will find you can take even more time and the shave will be so smooth, close, and comfortable that you will still have a DFS experience by 5:00 O'Clock shadow time the next day. But the beauty of it is the wonderful shave you can get when there is no time pressure and you're more relaxed.

At least on the weekends...

Top Bottom