What's new

First go with Proraso

So I had my first shave with Proraso green. First impressions: pretty good stuff, seemed very protective, nice classic smell. I felt like I was at a barber shop. After the shave my skin felt smooth and moisturized. Now- I'm not totally blown away by the cream; however, maybe y'all can give me a couple of pointers. It seemed a little thick (not dry but thick) and wasn't as slick as I had imagined it being. More water??

Since this is your first shave, try a little more water and see what happens...a tube will last a long time so you have some leeway. I have found all of the Proraso soaps to be outstanding....especially the Blue.

Ed

Thanks for the tips. I'll try more water and go for a wetter lather. I really did enjoy the smell and cool feel.

I find that Proraso/CO Bigelow loves really quick whipping with the brush. Whether you bowl lather or face lather, add water and then whip the brush very quickly - you will be surprised.

How much cream are you using? I usually use an almond-sized dollop with a non-dripping wet brush, which is good for three passes. If you want to loosen up your lather, I'd recommend less cream before more water. It will be the same result with less product wasted.

If it's too thick as you lather it on, with your left hand wet dabble a little water onto your face or as others have said add the water during the mixing.

I find that Proraso/CO Bigelow loves really quick whipping with the brush. Whether you bowl lather or face lather, add water and then whip the brush very quickly - you will be surprised.

This is interesting - thanks for the advice. I've shaved a few more times with it and got more desirable results. I added (what I would consider) a lot more water and got a wetter, slicker, but still thick lather. This is actually my first cream to try - so I'm still learning my lather technique. Is it just me or is there something sort of addicting about Proraso?

Proraso is my desert island shaving cream. It performs as well as stuff that costs three times as much. I'll always had it around.

Had my first Proraso green shaving cream shave today and I felt it was slicker and more protective
than my TOBS Sensitve skin cream. I was using it with a feather in my Merkur 34G and no nick or cuts very impressed. I love the menthol.

Top Bottom