What's new

First go with Martin de Candre

I finally broke down, forked over my hard-earned cash, and bought a jar of the legendary MDC. With spring well underway and summer just around the corner, I decided on Agrumes. With only one shave under my belt, I am believing the hype. To me, it smells like Sprite/7 Up with fresh lemon squeezed in ... perfect. I didn't count swirls or use a stop watch, but a copious lather was produced in extremely short order. The lather was luxurious and very slick. Overall I'm very impressed and look forward to the next shave. Is it worth the money? Well, it is a fairly hard soap, and a little seems to go a long way; combined with it's top-tier performance, if it lasts as long as I think it will, most definitely. Updates to follow.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I have been using my jar exclusively since 1Dec2018.
05CA98F6-78BB-4944-8737-704DCC847ECC.jpeg

I currently have Agrumes & Vetyver in my rotation (only 5 uses each so far). I finished a 200g jar of MdC original about 1 year before getting these two jars. That jar of original lasted almost 4 years in my (admittedly large'ish) rotation at the time. I didn't keep track of uses, but it wasn't like it sat in a cabinet for weeks between uses. I love this stuff.

I can’t speak from experience for it but I’d be very surprised if MdC released the soap that smells like generic lemon candy. Their scents have always been tasteful and understated to my nose.

Say what? :eek2: I have snubbed the Argumes because I've always read it smells like genereic lemon candy...if indeed it smelled like Sprite...woah...

Enjoy the soap!
I'm just giving my very highly subjective opinion; that's what it smells like to me. I can easily understand why some folks, however, would get Lemon Pledge or lemon candy. As far as scent strength, it's fairly subtle. I would say Arko and maybe Tabac are on the strong end of the spectrum. If those two are 9-10 on the scent strength scale, Agrumes is about a 5, mayyyyybe 6.

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Just got my first soap (ever, excluding Arko sticks) too, and bit the bullet on this - bought the Fougère.

Here’s hoping I like it, otherwise someone’s getting a lovely free tub of reportedly amazing-smelling soap!

Down the rabbit hole he goes, where he’ll stop nobody knows..

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got my first soap (ever, excluding Arko sticks) too, and bit the bullet on this - bought the Fougère.

Here’s hoping I like it, otherwise someone’s getting a lovely free tub of reportedly amazing-smelling soap!

Paul

This is one of my favorite smelling and best performing soaps. I highly doubt you'll be giving it away, but it lasts long enough that you could give some to a friend and still be content.

Paul

I’ll bet that you will love it!! :clap: :clap:

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Hope so guys - will keep you updated! When I started down this slippery slope I promised myself that I would limit myself to 3 of each “component”, to save space (and because of health problems, pointless to get more than a few months’ worth of toys).

So far, two razors, two brushes, and two creams/soaps. Need to think carefully about the last “set”!

Paul

Paul - you are going to love it. My fougere landed yesterday. Will use tomorrow but test lather was great. Scent is very nice but a touch medicinal. But each sniff is growing on me further. Had the original a Few years back so know how good the soap performs.

Top Bottom