What's new

First GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf

I got my first GEM razor today. I'll be trying it out tonight. Is there a website or other reference I can consult to date and find out any details about this razor? Thank you for any help you can provide!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mods - this should probably be moved to the Single edged razor forum. I apologise for posting it here. Please move it if you desire. Thanks!

They made 2 versions of the Clog Pruf. You have the earlier one. The later ones were sold in sets called a Peerless. According to that yours is 1940 - 44.

The Peerless ones had more teeth on the guard and only came in a gold/brass finish.

They made 2 versions of the Clog Pruf. You have the earlier one. The later ones were sold in sets called a Peerless. According to that yours is 1940 - 44.

The Peerless ones had more teeth on the guard and only came in a gold/brass finish.
Thanks so much for the help!

You might like (did I already post these to you?):

Nice. I hope you enjoy it. I used a gem razor this morning. I think it's called a bullet. I've tried a few gems that I couldn't get along with, but this thing is a wonderful shaver.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I really enjoy my Clog Pruf (Peerless model 17 nib safety bar) and it's a mid range aggression and once you get your technique dialed in you will enjoy that micromatic razor IMO. Lots of times the owners manual is lost when purchasing used razors so I have some information that will help folks who are just learning a Gem razor technique.
Gem instruction manual (2).jpg Gem procedure (2).jpg Final Gem review Jan21-2019 (2).jpg blade_angle-se-de.gif Blade review Revision #5 Dec14-2018.jpg
Have some great shaves!

It is a good razor definitely a different shave . I just got back to shaving for the last 10 -12 years I have been sporting the duck dynasty look. I work maintenance in a hospital. We went to having to wear mask so I broke out my shaving stuff. I have about a dozen vintage razors. I grabbed the Gem because I had one new blade left. I also picked a Schick injector and my trusty 1962 Gillette tech razor. All of them are good but different shaves. I also found 2 tubes of palmolive and 3 tubes of Arko cream all no longer made

Top Bottom