What's new

First Futur Shave

R

rainman

Worked well. I cranked it to 6.5, Dorco St-300, and KMF Mint cream. After the first pass it was not as close as the progress on 5. The interesting thing was how easy it was to do the 2nd and 3rd pass. Very comfortable. Not hard to get the right angle. Nice weight, length, and design. The only thing that looks weak is those two pins that secure the blade and top head piece which worries me a bit. Very good first impression.

I had one of the wires that hold the top on break off. I sent Merkur an email and had a replacement part the next week, free of charge. Merkur stands behind their products if something breaks but that is rare. I love my Futur, it took a little time to get the hang of holding such a large razor, but, now everything else feels puny. The more you use it the more you will like it.

I sent Merkur an email and had a replacement part the next week, free of charge. Merkur stands behind their products if something breaks but that is rare.

I dropped my FUTUR on a ceramic tile floor and chipped the finish on the head/cap. Emailed Merkur and had a new cap the next week, no charge. Great service!

DL

R

rainman

Well, then I guess my worries are over about the pins.

Worked well. I cranked it to 6.5, Dorco St-300, and KMF Mint cream. After the first pass it was not as close as the progress on 5. The interesting thing was how easy it was to do the 2nd and 3rd pass. Very comfortable. Not hard to get the right angle. Nice weight, length, and design. The only thing that looks weak is those two pins that secure the blade and top head piece which worries me a bit. Very good first impression.

I am eagerly awaiting my futur. I made use of the T&H 20% off and snagged one for $55. in hindsight i should have got the 1805 too. I really do like my vision but I travel a lot and decided it was too much of a beast to take on the road.

Top Bottom