What's new

First Foray into Restores - Ever Ready 200

Thanks for the feedback. I really enjoyed working on it and am kind of sad that it's all done, but now I get to use it!

Very well done!

You have convinced me to try a TGN Finest bulb on my next restore attempt.

I'll be shaving with it tomorrow, so I'll give you an updated post on how it feels on my face. Once again, it's set at 48mm.

Great preformance with it this morning. I face lathered some CF Limes Cream. Loaded the brush in the jar and then spread it across my stubble.

Started in building the lather with a light circular scrubbing motion and was again suprised at how much backbone there was and how much pressure I then had to use to get it to splay vs my Duke 2. But it felt fantastic! Very little skritch/pokyness, but rather a nice soft thick scrubbyness to it with light pressure and pillowy soft when splayed with some built up lather in the brush. Retains it shape nicely when pressure is removed and lathered like a champ! I did three pasees with cleanup and still squeezed out a fairly large amount of cream when I was done.

Second post-bloom shot:

proxy.php

Last edited:
What a beautiful job! A great looking brush. I am looking at trying my hand at this. It is great that there is all this reference material here on B&B!

Great Job!

Bill

It's a lot of fun Riff, find a handle you like and the resulting brush will be a prized possession once you are done.

My red handle came in yesterday, but I probably won't be able to start on it till next week. Super busy at work this week with our annual mill outage/blackout. I'll start a new thread when I begin working on it. If anyone gets any leads on the green handled 200 to match this one, please let me know. I've found a couple, but they were different versions of the 200 (didn't have the double grooves at the top).

Top Bottom