What's new

First Feather AC DX (clone) Kami Shavette Shave

I received my first Feather AC DX Shavette clone (Shears Direct) today and gave it a try with a Feather Pro blade and was very impressed. I have used the Feather AC SS SR shavette, other SR shavettes and, straights but this was my first Japanese Kamisori style shavette. I can see why the Kamisori style razors are so popular. It was a much more natural grip and the angles seemed more intuitive especially cross face (note I shave only with my dominant hand).

I had no issues getting a really smooth shave and I'm considering getting a Kamisori soon just to see how they compare. So I guess I have a new potential AD! :blushing: 🤣

You should consider posting your experiences in the SABRE club thread in the Clubs and Brotherhoods Subforum. There are a number of us that are addicted to shavettes that post in that thread.
Congrats on a successful first DX-style shave!

I received my first Feather AC DX Shavette clone (Shears Direct) today and gave it a try with a Feather Pro blade and was very impressed. I have used the Feather AC SS SR shavette, other SR shavettes and, straights but this was my first Japanese Kamisori style shavette. I can see why the Kamisori style razors are so popular. It was a much more natural grip and the angles seemed more intuitive especially cross face (note I shave only with my dominant hand).

I had no issues getting a really smooth shave and I'm considering getting a Kamisori soon just to see how they compare. So I guess I have a new potential AD! :blushing: 🤣
Just FYI, it's not a Feather DX clone. It's a Kai Captain clone. Still a great design. It shaves just like the real thing, although it has a touch more blade exposure.

I concur with Randall, check out the SABRE group.

Enjoy!

You should consider posting your experiences in the SABRE club thread in the Clubs and Brotherhoods Subforum. There are a number of us that are addicted to shavettes that post in that thread.
Congrats on a successful first DX-style shave!

I forgot about SABRE, thanks!

Just FYI, it's not a Feather DX clone. It's a Kai Captain clone. Still a great design. It shaves just like the real thing, although it has a touch more blade exposure.

I concur with Randall, check out the SABRE group.

Enjoy!

Actually, I was looking for a Kai Captain so that's actually a good thing to know.

Top Bottom