What's new

First experience with the Wolfman Guerrilla Razor

That's a rather ugly looking razor, but that's just my take!

Every time a hear Wolfman I wonder for much it's gonna be flipped on the Bay. Pretty bad for the manufacturer for creating demand and not being able to respond with production.

Every time a hear Wolfman I wonder for much it's gonna be flipped on the Bay. Pretty bad for the manufacturer for creating demand and not being able to respond with production.

The Guerrilla is available on his site right now, you can easily buy one.... it's also $225 CDN(180ish us) shipped, priced right and available.

Wolfman are harder to get cause it takes a ton of time to get a flawless mirror polish, something that just can't be massed produced.

Hey everybody is entitled to their opinions right.
I hate it when people who are high on the list get theirs and just turn around and ask a ridiculous price for them and there are people who will pay the really inflated prices. There's one on ebay now and I think it's like a basic model and the person is asking $800 for it.
No if and when I sell this I'll list if for what I paid for it or less. I did that not more than 3 months ago with a Tradere SB I had that I just never liked that much shave wise and I put it up for less than I paid for it but the bids quickly went way beyond what I paid for it. I didn't even know they were in demand at the time. So no that's not how I roll.

The Guerrilla is available on his site right now, you can easily buy one.... it's also $225 CDN(180ish us) shipped, priced right and available.

Wolfman are harder to get cause it takes a ton of time to get a flawless mirror polish, something that just can't be massed produced.
+1

I may have to try a Timeless again, I got it when I was still pretty new with DE and it would give me a bit of a raw feel after. It could've of been me, well it probably was me as the start of this year I seemed to really dial in my technique. I never tried the level 3 Charcoal Goods, I had a level 1 and it was great, sings really nicely! The screws on the Sabre is a concern for me as well, so I'll see how that goes, if it's not a go then maybe Timeless again or OB. I love how the OneBlade loads(never used one just going by videos), I think I like what ATT did with how their GEM loads the blade too.

Enjoy the Guerrilla, and good luck with the Wolfman your after, once you see a polished Wolfman it'll really wow you.

I think you'd be happy with the Timeless not that you've got your technique down. I have no problem getting consistent BBS shaves with little to no irritation. It will be a good comparison when I do the Charcoal level 3OC up against the Timeless .95 OC. Also I don't know what blade gap you had but I like both of mine. One is a .68 OC and the other one has a custom dual sided OC and SB in a .95 gap. You can achieve a BBS with either its just one takes 3 passes with a touch up or some buffing and the other does it in 2 passes with very little touch ups. I also prefer the open comb to SB.

I know that a lot of people don't like the Oneblade Genesis because they think it's a mindless shave but although it is very easy to shave with i've always gotten a BBS with it and no irritation and I've learned and use various different techniques that I use with it and it may not be as much fun as my Timeless or my Gem MMOC but when I'm short on time and I want a quick DFS or BBS shave I know i can get it with the Genesis. In fact I just had an opportunity with Oneblade to upgrade my SS version to the Limited edition Gunmetal version for next to nothing. So it just got here and I'd highly recommend a Genesis V2 if you are prone to irritation.
Also with Oneblade, Timeless and Charcoal the customer service is top notched and I like that.

:a14:

NICE @Dragonsbeard LOL, I hope it's not because you're matching your Oneblade color with the carbon blades?

But seriously, the gunmetal awesomeness is level 3, where the silver is level 2, if it's rated according to your BBS level. :302:

The baseplate looks like it doesn't support the blade fully like his previous razors, less rigidity, probably a lot easier to make. That's a shame.

:a14:

NICE @Dragonsbeard LOL, I hope it's not because you're matching your Oneblade color with the carbon blades?

But seriously, the gunmetal awesomeness is level 3, where the silver is level 2, if it's rated according to your BBS level. :302:

LMAO!! I know I busted your chops about that and I knew if I posted that I had changed from silver to Gunmetal I'd hear from you!
Yeah it is and because it's a limited edition I'd imagine if I ever decided to sell it I'd have no problem unloading it which is a nice option.
:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
The baseplate looks like it doesn't support the blade fully like his previous razors, less rigidity, probably a lot easier to make. That's a shame.

I'll be honest I can't compare as I've never had one of his Wolfman brand razors nor have I shaved with one so I can't compare it. With that said to me it held the blade in just fine and it gave me a great shave. I'm going to try both a Polsliver and Kai in it the next shave and see how they compare to the Feather.

Terrific review! I have a WR1, so this is making me consider whether that razor needs a brother! :a14::a14::a14::a14:
Thanks!
I always say when in doubt just go for it! :punk:
Like I mentioned it really surprised me how well it shaved and was comfortable in hand with that huge handle.

For parts of my beard and my head shave, I need the blade locked down like the NEW SC, Postwar Tech, Timeless, etc... Less rigid razors dont work well ATG for me.

If you can push down and separate the blade from the cap with your finger nail(carefully), or a paperclip, while everything is tight, it's not rigid enough for me!

I'm glad to read Timeless offers a bit closer shave since I just got mine last week.
Wolfman razors in general look (and apparently shave) great, but honestly who has time for that kind of wait when there are alternatives that are just as good and readily available. On this particular one, that handle looks a bit to thick for my taste though.

For parts of my beard and my head shave, I need the blade locked down like the NEW SC, Postwar Tech, Timeless, etc... Less rigid razors dont work well ATG for me.

If you can push down and separate the blade from the cap with your finger nail(carefully), or a paperclip, while everything is tight, it's not rigid enough for me!

Maybe I'm missing something, but from the photos I've seen, the Timeless and the Wolfman Guerrilla seem to be similar in how they hold the blade down - flat areas toward the edges, not fully supporting it in between. In fact, the Guerrilla seems a bit better off there because there's less room for the razor to move. But that's just from pictures, in reality, it may be that the Timeless is more secure. Neither seems to fully support the blade, though.

Btw, I have found two more ways to increase rigidity.
If you have side tabs protruding from the head, you can try lifting the blade up against the top cap or pushing it down against the base plate before fully tightening the handle. Some designs won't allow for it, but I'd be curious to learn whether either the Timeless or Guerrilla allow for either.
Alternatively, there are silicone bumpers that are about 6mm wide and are self-adhesive that can be used to improve rigidity, too. Probably not useable with those two razor heads, though.
However, the flat outer areas where the top cap meets the base plate look like they might be wide enough to prevent any movement and flex altogether with the handle tightened down.
Incidentally, those areas look flat enough to make putting an injector blade in there a possibility. Worked a treat with the Parker Variant for me. :)

Maybe I'm missing something, but from the photos I've seen, the Timeless and the Wolfman Guerrilla seem to be similar in how they hold the blade down - flat areas toward the edges, not fully supporting it in between. In fact, the Guerrilla seems a bit better off there because there's less room for the razor to move. But that's just from pictures, in reality, it may be that the Timeless is more secure. Neither seems to fully support the blade, though.

Btw, I have found two more ways to increase rigidity.
If you have side tabs protruding from the head, you can try lifting the blade up against the top cap or pushing it down against the base plate before fully tightening the handle. Some designs won't allow for it, but I'd be curious to learn whether either the Timeless or Guerrilla allow for either.
Alternatively, there are silicone bumpers that are about 6mm wide and are self-adhesive that can be used to improve rigidity, too. Probably not useable with those two razor heads, though.
However, the flat outer areas where the top cap meets the base plate look like they might be wide enough to prevent any movement and flex altogether with the handle tightened down.
Incidentally, those areas look flat enough to make putting an injector blade in there a possibility. Worked a treat with the Parker Variant for me. :)

tapatalk_1476204383917.jpeg

Notice how the baseplate in the top picture extends as far as the edge of the cap.

The Wolfman razor has a huge lather slot where it looks like the blade is no longer supported. I do notice that the baseplate support extends a little further along the side of the lather slot and that my increase rigid. The rest of the blade support stops at the lather slot.

I can't use the NEW Deluxe in the bottom picture as it will tear my chin and above my lip up ATG trying to BBS it. BBS with ease with the more rigid NEW SC.

Some beards don't require an extremely rigid razor, mine does. If the baseplate support doesn't extend as far as the edge of the cap, I won't touch it.

Thanks for the tip I'm going to try it as soon as I get home. It's a good thing to know when buying a new razor and I'll add it to my must check before purchase list. :thumbsup:

I'm glad to read Timeless offers a bit closer shave since I just got mine last week.
Wolfman razors in general look (and apparently shave) great, but honestly who has time for that kind of wait when there are alternatives that are just as good and readily available. On this particular one, that handle looks a bit to thick for my taste though.

The Guerrilla at this point is readily available on the Wolfman website. As far as shaves go I'd say it' very close to my .68 gap Timeless as far as efficiently goes but this was my firs shave and I'd have to do a side by side shave which now I will do cause I'm curious to see how they compare.
I thought the same thing about the handle and it almost stopped me from purchasing it but as soon as I took a few strokes I was really surprised how I liked it.

View attachment 806531

Notice how the baseplate in the top picture extends as far as the edge of the cap.

The Wolfman razor has a huge lather slot where it looks like the blade is no longer supported. I do notice that the baseplate support extends a little further along the side of the lather slot and that my increase rigid. The rest of the blade support stops at the lather slot.

I can't use the NEW Deluxe in the bottom picture as it will tear my chin and above my lip up ATG trying to BBS it. BBS with ease with the more rigid NEW SC.

Some beards don't require an extremely rigid razor, mine does. If the baseplate support doesn't extend as far as the edge of the cap, I won't touch it.
Very interesting and again a good bit of knowledge to add to the old brain.
thank you!

Top Bottom