What's new

First experience with Astra Stainless

I LOVE Astra SS blades they work wonders for my face. However their platinum blades destroy my face. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Only buy a Tuck of Astra SP's. My 100 pack is tuggy & they suck IMO. The Astra Stainless is waaay smoother & sharper & is one of my top blades. So many people here swear by Astra SP's but, I have not found them that great compared to the stainless.
+1

Now was that the plastic Wilkinson Classic razor or the new metal TTO from them? The plastic unfortunately doesn't have much in common with normal DE razors. It seems to me like they wanted t make a one blade cartridge razor that would be appealing and safe to as many users as possible. It has been made so mild, I can't get a BBS whatever brushesq soaps and blades I use. The metal TTO is much better.
The Astra Superior Stainless is a very good blade. Not the best out there though. With my type of beard I just need to use it in aggressive razors and I get nice results.

I finished my four shave test with the SS blade with my 1959 Gillette Fat Boy. It was set on "8", my normal setting, which is pretty aggressive.

Overall, the shaves were excellent. In this last shave, the blade felt noticeably duller than at the beginning, but my shave was still really good. Overall, I like this blade a lot. I'm testing the SP as well, and I like the SS better.

Top Bottom