What's new

First expensive brush ?

OK. I think I'm going shavemac. But is the finest better than the silvertip 21mm. Because the silvertip is only 13 dollars more at westcoastshaving. And if my decision is now between a BK4 and a Shavemac, doesn't it make sense to go silvertip?

No the silvertip is a little softer than the finest thus the price difference.... Read the review on the shavemac 21mm in finest and that should help in your decision.. Don't rule out the B&B Essential if you can fine one... Great brush...

Get a Rooney 3-1 in Super or a Shavemac in Finest from West Coast Shaving

+1 to the WCS Shavemac, except I would definitely get the silvertip for only a few dollars more -- it is the essence of luxury, especially for creams. I bought the 23mm version. It is a great complement to my Rooney 1/2, which is now my favorite for hard soaps. It is my understanding that the Rooney 3/1 "Special" from Vintage Blades would be, more or less, midway between the Shavemac and the Rooney 1/1.

Last edited:
The first really expensive brush I bought was the Kent BK4. Its a great brush, and just the right size. I bought it from a site in England and brand new with shipping it was around $80.00. I thought that was a very good price since I saw the same brush at other sites for over $100.00 plus shipping. Any Kent brush is a nice addition to you shave gear, and its a brush that will last a lifetime. Everyone needs at least one or more really good brushes. :tongue:

Top Bottom