What's new

First ever shave with Tabac - review and take on scent

Reading this thread I remembered I had an unopened stick and puck languishing in the soap drawer. Busted out the stick this morning and went to town on my two-day beard. I can’t recall the last time I used Tabac, but it lathered up spectacularly and with a third use Personna Blue blade in a Tech I had a terrific shave.
Another plus in favour of Tabac is you can repurpose the stick container...my previous container now contains a smooshed in stick of Arko. I initially dug out that repurposed container this morning, unscrewed the cap and took a whiff. I opened up the new stick and did the same smell test. Yup, big difference. I immediately slapped on some masking tape to the cap of each and marked them accordingly. Not that there’s anything wrong with “accidentally” using Arko, but after reading this thread this morning I had a real hankerin’ for some Tabac:001_rolle

Second shave with Tabac this morning. I can see why some guys use it almost exclusively. I'm in the process of minimizing my razor and soap collection but Tabac is staying for sure. *sigh* it's almost impossible to go minimalist with this hobby. So many amazing products...

Been reading about Tabac since I started but only got a puck a couple of months ago when it was on sale. I really like the scent and the performance, enough to order the ceramic mug, splash and lotion. I use it at least once a week.

Heck, if the Beatles used it ... so must we all.

What if the Fabs had been *so* taken with Tabac that they wrote songs about it? We might have had titles such as:

A Hard Day's Tabac
Tabac Me Do
Tabac!
Tabac Never Knows
Do You Want To Know Tabac?
Mean Mr Tabac
Good Day Tabac

and, of course,

Sgt. Tabac's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
What if the Fabs had been *so* taken with Tabac that they wrote songs about it? We might have had titles such as:

A Hard Day's Tabac
Tabac Me Do
Tabac!
Tabac Never Knows
Do You Want To Know Tabac?
Mean Mr Tabac
Good Day Tabac

and, of course,

Sgt. Tabac's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or the chart-topper ‘Pay Tabac Writer’.

Best mass produced shaving soap by far. The scent is VERY flowery & powdery to my nose. That's why I see this more suited for warmer weather. Flowers to me mean spring & summer. But many swear it's a cold weather scent. I really don't understand that logic, but to each their own.

I can definitely understand using it all year long. If I had to use only Tabac, I wouldn't be disappointed at all.

TABAC had changed my life. Since discovering it, I've gone from a homeless vagabond to the CEO and Chairman of a Fortune 500 company. I now fly my wife and kid to Sedona for weekends to enjoy golfing and massages. Yes, TABAC is definitely a keeper in my book. :thumbup:

TABAC had changed my life.
:001_unsur I suspect that you may belong at the BOSC sir. Either way, do please cast your vote there. :001_smile

upload_2018-1-9_14-49-12.png
:letterk1: :laugh:

TABAC has totally changed my life too. I was very successful, admired, happily married, executive leader in industry, until I started DE shaving and found Tabac. I became intoxicated, obsessed, and some would say "posessed" by the whole TABAC/DE experience. I lost everything as all my money and energies went into feeding my RAD/BAD/TAD (tabac acquisition disorder). Lost wife, home, bank account. Now, I spend my days in tattered old clothes sitting in the gutter swigging TABAC AS from a brown paper bag and begging for cash to buy more....

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Someone get down *right away* to The Barber Shop and get to work on these songs ...

"Tabac in the U.S.S.R."

Been away so long I hardly knew the soap ...
gee, it's good to be back home!

AA

I fall firmly into the same camp as @imatabor when it comes to the smell. I cannot argue with the performance, but I cannot stand the scent. To me it smells just like grandma's purse.

Top Bottom