What's new

First Double Duck

Picked up my first Dubl Duck today. It's a DD No.1 Special. The store wanted a bit more than I was willing to pay but a tad of haggling and she came home with me. She wasn't much to look at when I first got her, should learn to take before pics, and it had a slight frown. Figured I give it a go any how to see if it could be cleaned up and honed.

Took a bit of time to get it cleaned up but it cleaned up just fine. The bluing on the tang and tail wasn't complete so I just polished it clean. It took a bit to get the frown out though. Thank goodness for the DMT 325 :thumbup1:

Here she is.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I still have to shave with it but it seems it took a good edge.

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Looks really nice.

After your shave I would like your honest opinion on it...eBay sensation or true top shelf razor. I don't have one, and wonder if I need one in the stable.

Had a chance to shave with it last night. I'd say it is a top shelf razor, get one if you get a chance.

Wow! That's sweet! I purchased one similar to that at an antique market for 12 bucks, but it needs some cleaning along with a very tiny chip in the blade, then proper honing. It's nice to see what it should look like. I'm very anxious to use it. I hope you find it yields great shaves!

Attachments

• $bestdblduck.jpg
    $bestdblduck.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I just picked one on eBay too! I think it will need a bit of work. Very similar to what you have there southernscribbler. Let me know how it comes out and what you used to clean it up, get rid of the rust.

Thanks!
Brent

Top Bottom