What's new

First Degree Burn Doritos

I just ate a bag of these. Not much flavor at all, just raw blasts of hellfire in crunchy poke-the-roof-of-your-mouth junk food form. Normally I enjoy spicy foods but these chips were just flat-out unpleasant.

And I am told there are two hotter varieties of these things. Second Degree Burn and Third Degree Burn. Holy Gawd. The weakest variety was enough to leave me gasping.

I have not yet seen any of these chips. I'll have to look for them even though I am not a huge Dorito's guy.

Two of my all-time favorite chips aren't available where I live now. Mike-Sells Good 'N Hot and Grippo's BBQ.

The Lays Hot 'N Spicy are a close second to the Good 'N Hot but they don't quite do it for me (even though somehow I seem to consume half a bag everytime I sit down...yikes).

None of the new hot Doritos taste good. I did not think that the third degree were that hot. Though my sense of hot is a bit broken... I sent the Quaker Steak and Lube Atomic wings back. They were not that hot :lol::lol::lol: The guys at work got tired of watching me habanero and got me some ghost peppers for Christmas yummy :thumbup:

And just for the record I finished one and was not happy. However I managed to finish my day at work uninterrupted :lol:

I also have tried all three varieties. My sense of heat is broken as well, I only felt a little heat on the 3rd degree. Overall, I was unimpressed by the flavor. You can make anything spicy, but it still needs to taste good. I wont be bothering to get these again.

I really cannot stand flavors like this. I am of the opinion that if food is spicy it also needs to have some flavor behind it, not just straight heat.

I just ate a bag of these. Not much flavor at all, just raw blasts of hellfire in crunchy poke-the-roof-of-your-mouth junk food form. Normally I enjoy spicy foods but these chips were just flat-out unpleasant.

And I am told there are two hotter varieties of these things. Second Degree Burn and Third Degree Burn. Holy Gawd. The weakest variety was enough to leave me gasping.

Doritos' quality has slipped. Some chips are now spiced more than others.

Those specialty chips they offered for a while were great. I particularly liked the Taco flavor, which was the original they started out with in the 60s. I like to dip them in sour cream.

Doritos' quality has slipped. Some chips are now spiced more than others.

Those specialty chips they offered for a while were great. I particularly liked the Taco flavor, which was the original they started out with in the 60s. I like to dip them in sour cream.

+1. Loved that Taco flavor. :thumbup1:

Seems like every "innovation" they've tried after Cool Ranch has just been contrived and poorly executed.

I found their website...The chips seem relatively reasonably priced but I'll bet the shipping is astronomical. That's the primary reason I haven't ordered any chips from back home...they both sell them online but the shipping is a bit high.

Last edited:
I love spice/heat in food and I love chips, but i just can't enjoy doritos anymore. I have tried a bunch over the last 6 months with all of the "exciting" late night packaging. The jalapeno poppers tasted more like jalapeno poopers to me and the 3rd degree was hot, but not enjoyable as an experience. the spicy sweet chili ones were so-so...

i find the taste very synthetic and I am tired of my finger tips being covered in the "spices" from the chip...

I am feeling a good plain salted crunchy tortilla chip is my go to chip currently...

Top Bottom