What's new

First DE Shave

I just completed my first DE shave, it was also my first time using my own lather and a badger brush! For the razor i used a Merkur 38C. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! This is the first time in my life i have had a shave where i have had very minimal razor burn (1 spot and its my own fault) and i had zero cuts! I had one of the things that stop bleeding on standby but did not even need it! Obviously the shave was fairly slow but not as slow as i thought!

One of the big things i need to work on is my lather, but i know that will take practice!

Now my goal is to get some of my friends to join the club :p

Cheers!

Congratulations! It will only get better from this point on.

Welcome to the B&B. Come back often and ask questions.

Congrats and welcome to de shaving. I'm new (a few weeks) and I love it more and more with each shave. My neck rash is slowly fading away and my skin looks and feels so much healthier. Keep working on your technique and keep having fun!

Welcome and congratulations! You're already off to a better start than me. My face was an absolute bloody mess by the time I got through with my first DE shave. As stated above, though, it keeps getting better with practice.

Congrats! It sounds like you already got the hang of it :thumbup1: With DE razors I find they burn my wallet much more often then they burn my face!

Huge congrats! The first shave can be nerve-racking...new "tool" with a very, very, very sharp blade. However, treat the "tool" with respect and learn its nuances...and you will be rewarded with a wonderful experience (and shave).

Congrats! It sounds like you already got the hang of it :thumbup1: With DE razors I find they burn my wallet much more often then they burn my face!

Well at this point of time i cannot afford anything else other than when needed as i am a broke student, but once i am done school, i could see it being an expensive "hobby".

I just completed my first DE shave, it was also my first time using my own lather and a badger brush! For the razor i used a Merkur 38C. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! This is the first time in my life i have had a shave where i have had very minimal razor burn (1 spot and its my own fault) and i had zero cuts! I had one of the things that stop bleeding on standby but did not even need it! Obviously the shave was fairly slow but not as slow as i thought!

One of the big things i need to work on is my lather, but i know that will take practice!

Now my goal is to get some of my friends to join the club :p

Cheers!

CONGRATS! Welcome aboard, I had trouble with building a nice lather at first, but with time, trial and error you will certainly get the art refined. I am a big fan of the Merkur 38c, only DE razor I have so far. Keep up the good work and make the most of this new year!

Congrats and welcome to de shaving. I'm new (a few weeks) and I love it more and more with each shave. My neck rash is slowly fading away and my skin looks and feels so much healthier. Keep working on your technique and keep having fun!

My neck rash is also fading away. I had grown out a beard for about 2 years without ever shaving and the rash was disgusting when I started shaving again (M3 land). Any after shave amplified the problem, never got better until I switched!

Well done & welcome to the journey - next step, Merkur Futur on 6 & a Feather blade :001_smile

By the way, you may want to have a word with your bank...

Congrats.
What cream or soap are you using?

I using prorasso green (tub) and i also have Edwin Jagger sandlewood but i have not tried that yet

Well done & welcome to the journey - next step, Merkur Futur on 6 & a Feather blade :001_smile

By the way, you may want to have a word with your bank...

I am going to try a couple more blades before i move to the feather blades, as i bought a starter pack with 10 (i think) types of blades

I find the Proraso green in the tube is far, far easier to build lather with than the tub croap. I threw my tub out because I was unhappy with it. The tube stays though!

I Am making the lather in a mug just getting some of the tub on the brush and making it, at first in didn't have enough soap but I will be shaving again tonight and will do an update!

Top Bottom