What's new

First DE shave results

Well, I had my first DE shave this morning and am nothing short of impressed with the results.

Notwithstanding the fact that I haven't received any of the brushes or soaps/mugs etc that I had ordered yet and I had to "make do" with some girly Aveeno leg shaving cream my gf has, I wanted to see if I had what it takes.

I slapped in an Astra platinum into my black handled super speed and got a slightly better/closer shave than I'm accustomed to. I need to be a little more aggressive with my angle, but aside from that I got a really good and close shave without any nicks, cuts, or razor burn. I even did a three pass shave, wtg, xtg, atg.

I guess I mostly attribute that to the fact that I haven't used more than 2 bladed (mostly single blade "bic style") razor for over 5 years.

I think I'm a natural. With some real shaving soap and a real lather with a real brush, and a slight angle adjustment I'll have baby butt smooth shaves in no time. I'm a convert for sure.

Last edited:
Once you get your stuff and improve your technique you'll get the best shaves of your life and I personally will never go back to bic style or carts again.

I have done the "DE thing" 5 nights in a row now. My first shave was awesome. Not quite as good the 2nd-4th nights, but it was phenomenal last night. Like you, my technique has gone well, with no cuts or nicks (yet!!). I think that watching about 10 hours of video and reading for several days on this forum really put me ahead of the curve. Best of luck, and welcome!

When I used single/double blade throwaways I always had to make multiple xtg passes to even feel like I knocked any of the hair off.
With the DE I just went 1-2-3 done. No relather, just a rinse every stroke.

I'm anxiously awaiting my soaps and brushes!

When I used single/double blade throwaways I always had to make multiple xtg passes to even feel like I knocked any of the hair off.
With the DE I just went 1-2-3 done. No relather, just a rinse every stroke.

I'm anxiously awaiting my soaps and brushes!
Your a natural already ...Keep us posted on the delivery of shave goods.

Welcome to how shaving is supposed to be: luxurious, economical (well...after you get all your supplies and finally curb your spending spree on those soaps and creams), and environmentally sound.

Top Bottom