What's new

First DE shave by a B&B Newbie

Went to the local pharmacy yesterday to buy cough syrupp Noticed he has Godrej shaving soap.
I dont like the idea of stocking up heaps soaps and cream and keeping some unused. I am waiting for the gillette shaving gel tube to exhaust. Then it will be a choice between the Godrej cream and soap. I am already inclined towatds the soap. A lot of B&B threads talk about it. B&B sure makes an old fashioned Grandpa out of you.
BTW, two colleagues of mine a ready to set foot in the DE territory and ordered the Edwin Jagger. I kind of talked them into it.

Welcome to B&B. Congratulations on the new son.
It appears India is a big and interesting place when it comes to shaving practices, especially with Gillette trying to switch men from DE shaving to the Gillette Guard.
I too shaved with the Trac II for a long time. I did not have enthusiasm for shaving so sometimes it turned out just an average experience. I did not get down to BBS and sometimes I stretched one cartridge out for a month or so. Growth would be heavy the next day, much as you noticed.
Among the cream products I have tried is India Old Spice 70g. Some people here believe the formulation may have changed. I can say it works at least somewhat. You can get some lather going with 2cm of product, but compared to Bigelow and Arko I am not impressed with Old Spice and I will not order more when it runs out. You can try it and your experience may be different, but I would recommend that you may have better selections available over there. I see someone else said to try Godej.

I will state some facts:
India is the second largest population in the world. We have a huge percentage of poor population. The gender ratio is inclined towards males. And if one really goes out and surveys what these economically not so well to do males use for shaving.. they use disposable twin blade gillettes or guard. Yes.. no DEs. Local medical pharmacy shops carry 50-100 INR (USD 1-2) worth DE razors but all with uncompromisable defects. I wonder it would be interesting to analyze how Gillette destroyed the DE market in india.
Shaving stuff is cheap here. Just to give an idea:
7 O'clock super plat blacks 5+2 blades: INR 45.
7 O'clock greens 5 blades: INR 30.
Godrej cream 70 gms for INR 60.
Godrej shaving round 50 gms for INR 22.
And 1 USD is 60 INR.

Shaving stuff is cheap here. Just to give an idea:
7 O'clock super plat blacks 5+2 blades: INR 45.
7 O'clock greens 5 blades: INR 30.
Godrej cream 70 gms for INR 60.
Godrej shaving round 50 gms for INR 22.
And 1 USD is 60 INR.
You may have a great entrepreneurial opportunity here.

Welcome to the world of DE and congrats too. I'm very new to DE myself too and still testing the water (Although I would never go back to other shaving methods) Some great prices you have there for items.

The Godrej shaving soap was noticed in the shop on 12th March and was too tempting to be purchased on 16th March. I have not used the gel since. The lather quality with the soap is 1000 times better than the gel. And it is damn cheap.

Top Bottom