What's new

First Cold Water Wet Shave

As the title says, I just experienced my first *cold* water wet shave. I assumed it would be awful, messy, and a bad experience. I was proven wrong though. What I got instead was an invigorating shave that really seemed to jolt me up for my morning responsibilities. I still prefer warm water, but on days I am feeling sluggish, or as a nice change of pace, I will definitely be doing this more often!

It's nice for a change of pace, some people do it religiously and get great results.

I have a hard time doing it consistently in the winter when I'm already cold more than I'm not, but I'm exlusivily a cold water shaver in the summer months. Even so far as to use a heavily mentholated soap to kick up the cold. I usually get really great shaves like that.

:velva2:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Maybe okay in hot weather. I have not tried it for many years. I might re-visit one day. Well into the future.

It is the only technique I use now, although it won't mean much in summer when water comes out of the tap lukewarm no matter what you do.

Today's shave, after 5 days growth (I've been ill) was cold water, Game Changer .84, Astra SP, C.O. Bigelow cream, alum, and Old Spice AS.

Good man!! Pleased things worked out!! :a14::a14:

I finish with a cold rinse. Rarely a cold water shave for a change of pace during the summer only!

Where's @naughtilus? I know he's a fan of the color water shaves....

Love it, especially in winter with water coming out the tap just above freezing point. It tightens the skin, exposing more whiskers to be cut. Not to mention it helps reduce irritation. Sometimes I like a warm lather shave for variety, but I use less alkaline soaps.

proxy.php

I've been a cold water shaver for years. It really helped me with irritation while I brought my technique up. Now, I just love the feeling!

I have been cold water shaving exclusively for the past 1.5-2yrs. Once I switched over my skin seemed to really like it so I never went back. Also helpful when your traveling and your room doesn't have much in the form of hot water.

Been cold shaving for many years. When I lived in the mountains of Colorado (most of my life) that just meant using tap water. Now I live in South Florida where my tap water is ~80º and I feel kind of weird keeping a gallon jug of water in the fridge just to shave with.

As the title says, I just experienced my first *cold* water wet shave. I assumed it would be awful, messy, and a bad experience. I was proven wrong though. What I got instead was an invigorating shave that really seemed to jolt me up for my morning responsibilities. I still prefer warm water, but on days I am feeling sluggish, or as a nice change of pace, I will definitely be doing this more often!

I tried cold water shaving since I have very sensitive skin and redness on my neck. I find it better to avoid razor burn and acne but didn't make much difference for the redness problem. Anyway I shall stick to it most of the time since it is seemed to be less prone to razor burn and acne. Maybe over time it will improve my neck appearance.

I either shave in the shower or cold water shave, and almost always rub my face with an ice cube when I'm done.

Not since I got out of the Army....

If it was in the barracks, it was warm water shave.

In the field, it depended on the season, and if we remembered to keep a water can near the Yukon stove. A stove meant to burn diesel, but we usually spiked with a diesel/mogas mixture.

Top Bottom