What's new

First Canadian Shave Company, tested their soap

I heard about the company from a friend, who advised me that there was a soap maker in town.
I currently use, Arko, proraso, and First Canadian Shave Company soap. The soap lathers fantastic and preps better then anything else I have used before. The current scent I'm using is sandalwood, it's very faint and not overwhelming for all the sensitive ppl. It comes in puck form and on the soft side.
fantastic product A+

I completely agree. The performance is better for me than most others. I would prefer slightly stronger scents, but I also like his sandalwood and bay rum.

They just recently came out with a tallow based soap.

Same scents as far as I see.

I'm only two shaves into a sample of it now but initial impressions are good.

I have tried the Sandalwood, and the Rosemary & Lime.

The soaps are very good, but as you said the scent is faint.

Lathers very easily, and you will end up with a nice slick lather.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430776492.421652.jpg

Lime rosemary and Lanolin from etsy

Last edited:
This is an excellent product. I tried the unscented formula last year and I would say I'm leaning toward that with essential oils to make my own fragrances. Really great product!

After the west coast canadian pass box I purchased a few of his soaps and is almost all I use now i kind of like the mild scent, As everybody says great performance easy to whip up a good slick lather, Brian kindly threw a Lime and Rosemary sample in with my order which I will get next time for sure then to my surprise a sample of his new tallow soap appears in my mail! First thing I thought is this is a solid reason to keep giving him my business, it is on tap for tomorrows shave so I will let you know what I think in the next day or two.

There's a few new ones with Tallow and Lanolin. Anyone try these yet? I'd love a sampler pack.

Yes, I'm working on a sample of one now. It's a solid soap and working nicely for me but, I'm only 3 shaves in.

If you want samples of them I'd contact him through his etsy page. He was very forthcoming with the sample I got even after I explained there's no way I'm going to be buying soap for the next year.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I was recently given a puck of the Sandalwood, and I need to get that into the lineup.

Top Bottom