What's new

First brush

Just used my first brush. It is a Semogue Galladad boar. I have been using Cremo and my hand. The brush is a different experience ,but I liked it. My face is drier after using soap, and feels better than Cremo since it has begun to get hot and humid. 20220531_203201.jpg

Congratulations, using a brush greatly enhances the shaving experience. And it's already been said, but give it time & use, it will get better & better!

Just used my first brush. It is a Semogue Galladad boar. I have been using Cremo and my hand. The brush is a different experience ,but I liked it. My face is drier after using soap, and feels better than Cremo since it has begun to get hot and humid.View attachment 1465225
That's a nice brush, I've thought of getting a Gallahad.

What soap did you use?...you can use Creamo in a bowl or mug with a brush and it will lather, but takes a bit of work. Some folks add a bit of Creami to their shaving soap lather to give it more slickness. I haven't tried it but it might also help the soaps drying effect on your skin. Of course the easiest solution is an aftershave balm.

Used a local soap that I got at farmers market. Used it for second time and lathered better today, no cuts or irritation and used clubman aftershave. Soap smells great, but can't judge performance because I have nothing to compare it to.

Attachments

• 20220501_195307.jpg
    20220501_195307.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 12
It's hard to trust ingredient list on some of these obscure artisan soaps. I don't think i've seen soy wax in any of my soap ingredients let alone the first one listed. I prefer to stick with the tried and true soap makers, but if you're happy with what you've got that's all that really matters. Soap isn't expensive so don't be afraid to try the tried and true, either. Trying different soaps is part of the fun.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just used my first brush. It is a Semogue Galladad boar. I have been using Cremo and my hand. The brush is a different experience ,but I liked it. My face is drier after using soap, and feels better than Cremo since it has begun to get hot and humid.View attachment 1465225
Nice brush, not sure if you know this but a boar brush likes a least a few minutes warm water soaking before use seems to work better and easier on the brush bristles for longer life of the brush(good choice). Enjoy!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Used a local soap that I got at farmers market. Used it for second time and lathered better today, no cuts or irritation and used clubman aftershave. Soap smells great, but can't judge performance because I have nothing to compare it to.

I like your brush. It will get even better over time.

I noticed where your soap was made. I live in much the same neighborhood.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom