What's new

First batch of 38 Special

I’m interested to see if your dipper actually measured the right mass. I’m no hand loader, but it sounds like the process of elimination is leaving a short list of possible problems.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Or try some lead bullets with everything the same and see if it does the same thing.
^ This. I meant to suggest using some commercially cast lead or copper plated (much softer than FMJ, and cheaper too) particularly for light to moderate plinking loads, as it takes less pressure to push them through the barrel.

^ This. I meant to suggest using some commercially cast lead or copper plated (much softer than FMJ, and cheaper too) particularly for light to moderate plinking loads, as it takes less pressure to push them through the barrel.
That would make sense, given the success of the 32-20.

Just made some. :)

proxy.php

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

I'll also have to check that I'm throwing accurate charges from the dipper. I have a scale, so I should probably bust that out.

Did you check this? Using a dipper is a technique that requires practice to be consistent.

I’d charge a group of cases and visually verify them as well, prior to setting the bullets.

Did you check this? Using a dipper is a technique that requires practice to be consistent.

I’d charge a group of cases and visually verify them as well, prior to setting the bullets.
It's on my to do list this weekend.

Top Bottom