What's new

First automatic

Pulled the trigger on my first automatic. Watch that is. A Seiko SNK809. Really like the size. No giant clown watch here. Been a while since I've worn a watch so it feels a tad heavy but I really like it. I really wanted to get the beige faced version but I never could find it in stock at the price I wanted. I think I came out on top with the black. Now I have to figure out how to set the time. It says water resistant. Should I try to avoid even getting it splashed when washing my hands?

Watch.JPG

:thumbup1:

I wouldn't worry about the washing your hands thing at all. Heck, wear it in the rain. Nice first auto!

Nice. Should be a fun watch. I thought they were supposed to be quite water resistant. I would sure not worry about washing my hands.

I love my Seiko 5!

From what I've read, when Seiko says " water resistant to 30 meters", really means don't get it wet. I wouldn't worry about washing hands, or accidentally dunking it or even getting it wet in the shower every once and a while. Watch forum people seem to say don't swim with it.

I also ended up getting a NATO strap for mine as I wasn't a fan of the strap it comes with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks. Already had several students ask me to give it to them. They have not even seen the clear back.
Majorly jealous here. I love my ancient Seiko 5 that I bought from that auction site a few years ago from India. I am so far successfully resisting the urge to buy thousands more. I'm such a girly man.

Top Bottom