What's new

First Attempt, So Here I Go!

This will be my first attempt at a restoration.
I have stripped the old knots and repainted what was left of the stamped model numbers and names. Now I am waiting for my package from TGN. So far I am pleased with my progress, even if I feel I'm being conservative with my polishing.

Woohoo! You have some cool handles, and good knots on the way. I don't see a single handle there that isn't worth restoring. Nice!!!!

Nice. I'm particularly fond of the second from the left, but they are all really good-looking handles.

keep us updated, and be sure to let us see what they look like once you have them knotted and ready to go.

Nice work! The fun has begun! Which knots did you order for them?

I think I may of gone a bit overboard ( story of my life ) , but I ordered two each of High mountain white, Silver tip STD, and Finest badger F2. I have 6 additional knots of the same grade comming from china. I want to do a side by side of the two suppliers quality.

I think I may of gone a bit overboard ( story of my life ) , but I ordered two each of High mountain white, Silver tip STD, and Finest badger F2. I have 6 additional knots of the same grade comming from china. I want to do a side by side of the two suppliers quality.

Please keep us posted.

From Left to Right : ER 50CA W/ 22mm Silvertip, ER 000 W/22mm Silvertip set 18mm deep, Lord Chesterfield W/ 20mm Finest, ER 150 W/20 Finest, Century #4 W/ 24mm Silvertip.

Attachments

• $DSC_1575.jpg
    $DSC_1575.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 132
  • $DSC_1572.jpg
    $DSC_1572.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 131
Truly nice work sir! Now, you got bitten by the restorationoldbrush bug! I guess!

Last edited:
Top Bottom