What's new

First Attempt, So Here I Go!

I think I may of gone a bit overboard ( story of my life ) , but I ordered two each of High mountain white, Silver tip STD, and Finest badger F2. I have 6 additional knots of the same grade comming from china. I want to do a side by side of the two suppliers quality.

Looking forward to your China comparison. May I ask where you ordered them from?

Looking forward to your China comparison. May I ask where you ordered them from?

The knots came from TGN, Virginia Heng ( Vig Shaving ), and Ace Shaving.

IMO TGN and Virginia knots where very similar in quality of material and construction. Size was consistent and density of knots where similar.
Ace knots had some variations in size. A 22mm knot flared out to 26mm as you moved higher on the base of the knot, making it almost unusable IMO. The knots seemed to have some residue left over from the manufacturing process, it easily washed out but I would definitely not take the brush to the face without a couple of good washes first.

My initial opinion is , TGN and VS are both good quality brushes. VS options are limited in grade of hair but a grate value. TGN gives you a variety of options and being in the states shipping was fast.

I don't think I will be ordering from ACE any time soon.

Top Bottom