What's new

First arko shave

Today was my first shave with arko. I was imagining it to be easy to flatten into a puck, it was harder then I was expecting. I ended up just mashing the stick in my scuttle sideways. What I got was a great lather after the stick was in the mug. The lather was nice and thick. The only thing I noticed was some of it left a bit of a residue on my razor. This was not a big deal, and it cleaned right up. I was very pleased with the performance of the soap. It didn’t feel as nice as Williams when I was done because it seemed to dry my skin a slight bit, but the aftershave I used with it fixed all of that.

Last edited:
It's good stuff. Not the greatest post-shave feel for me but I only seem to have a problem with it during the dryer months. I tried mashing it into a mug but had a hard time with it as well, so I just cut up 3 slices and stick them in the bottom of my bowl and load it up like that. Works like a charm.

I was a little upset when I found out Williams got discontinued, but I'd be VERY upset if Arko ever got discontinued and probably stock up like a crazy person the second I hear a rumor.

Long live the Arko man.

It's good stuff. Not the greatest post-shave feel for me but I only seem to have a problem with it during the dryer months. I tried mashing it into a mug but had a hard time with it as well, so I just cut up 3 slices and stick them in the bottom of my bowl and load it up like that. Works like a charm.

I was a little upset when I found out Williams got discontinued, but I'd be VERY upset if Arko ever got discontinued and probably stock up like a crazy person the second I hear a rumor.

Long live the Arko man.
It's time for the rumor. The price has been creeping up. I bought 24 sticks.

Arko is a thirsty soap, so if your skin was feeling dry afterwards, try a wetter lather.

I noticed that too. I think that was probably the issue. I will try a wetter lather tomorrow I’m sure with good results.
I was able to by a 12 stick case for 18.00 USD. I will probably buy a case every month or so to prevent losing out like I did with Williams. I can still get it on eBay for 10 a puck, but that’s a major increase when I was buying it for 1.92. Though I would kill to have a small stash of Williams to have on hand.

I noticed that too. I think that was probably the issue. I will try a wetter lather tomorrow I’m sure with good results.
I was able to by a 12 stick case for 18.00 USD. I will probably buy a case every month or so to prevent losing out like I did with Williams. I can still get it on eBay for 10 a puck, but that’s a major increase when I was buying it for 1.92. Though I would kill to have a small stash of Williams to have on hand.
I can't spare any Williams. I'm down to my last 27 pucks, and they only last me about 230 shaves.

You ain't been posting much, but when you do say something, my portfolio of Arko goes through the roof doggone!
I'll add a bit more for you. I've done seven shaves with one stick. I've used 1/8 inch of 26/8ths of an inch. I should get 182 shaves/stick. That means two sticks a year. I only have 12 years of ARKO left and I'm 68! That's OK though because I have about 18 years of Williams left.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'll add a bit more for you. I've done seven shaves with one stick. I've used 1/8 inch of 26/8ths of an inch. I should get 182 shaves/stick. That means two sticks a year. I only have 12 years of ARKO left and I'm 68! That's OK though because I have about 18 years of Williams left.
I'm jealous!

My wife bought green bananas yesterday and I had to stop myself from gettin' mad at her cuz they weren't ripening fast enough! True story doggone!

I'm jealous!

My wife bought green bananas yesterday and I had to stop myself from gettin' mad at her cuz they weren't ripening fast enough! True story doggone!
Buy bananas while you still have a ripe one left. Then put the green bananas in a bag with the ripe one, and they will ripen quickly.

If you want to pass some Williams to me I would happily work that out

Top Bottom