What's new

First arko shave

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Funny you should mention that! When I had Covid, my first confirmation was my loss of ability to smell an Arko stick. Second confirmation was: Classic Old Spice deodorant. That stuff BURNED my nose, but I could not smell ANYTHING!

Freaked me out at the time. I seriously thought of amending my Will. How it skipped my lungs was nothing short of Mercy, most definitely not Justice.
Children don’t have a bad time of it with Covid because they have so few Ace receptors in their nasal passages. Maybe you lucked out because you are in your second childhood 😂.

You know, that made me think. With one of the lasting effects for some of Covid, the loss of smell, I wonder if Arko, and Tabac might see an uptick in sales.
My only Arko is one of the pucks in a plastic case. Was surprised that it has almost no smell at all. Got it a year ago and it was manufactured in 2016. Suspect the smell dissipated over time. Much more of a soap aroma from my Williams pucks that I happen to like. Just ordered a box of 12 Arko sticks so will see how they compare to the puck and Williams. Like the puck, find it comparable to Williams for me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My only Arko is one of the pucks in a plastic case. Was surprised that it has almost no smell at all. Got it a year ago and it was manufactured in 2016. Suspect the smell dissipated over time. Much more of a soap aroma from my Williams pucks that I happen to like. Just ordered a box of 12 Arko sticks so will see how they compare to the puck and Williams. Like the puck, find it comparable to Williams for me.
You are in for a surprise my friend. Hopefully a pleasant one. I love the smell.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
The first time I used Arko was in Turkey on holiday and when the aroma first hit my olfactory sense, I had to check that I hadn't accidentally bought urinal disinfectant. I was impressed with its performance, however, and have kept a supply of urinal disinfectant on hand ever since.
Pass the salt 😜

You’re a brave man.

The only problem with that approach is that now you have to use up 12 sticks of Arko

"First Arko Shave"

So sorry for your loss. ;)

Should be on Burma Shave signs near a feedlot.

ou know, that made me think. With one of the lasting effects for some of Covid, the loss of smell, I wonder if Arko, and Tabac might see an uptick in sales.

Children don’t have a bad time of it with Covid because they have so few Ace receptors in their nasal passages. Maybe you lucked out because you are in your second childhood 😂
I was getting ready to read another 14 page Arko post - and suggest a remote island for these shaving miscreants - but the responses are too funny!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
You just might lose yer seat at the "Knights of the Arkotable" if you keep up with this blasphemy! Good thing @Owen Bawn is observing Lent, or it'd be "off with his head!" Ol' Owen don't play my friend!
If you cut off his nose instead of his head you'd be doing him a favour because he wouldn't be able to smell the Arko

You are in for a surprise my friend. Hopefully a pleasant one. I love the smell.
My dozen Arko sticks arrived a couple of days ago. 2020 manufacture date versus 2016 for my low aroma Arko puck. Newer product has a much stronger scent that I do like. Similar to the puck the sticks produce great slick lather that I find similar to Williams. Two main differences to Williams, scent lasts longer and I can produce the needed lather easily with my synthetic brush versus the stiffer boar brush used for the Williams. Between the Arko sticks, the extra dozen Williams pucks from December, some Van Der Haagen, Proraso and blends suspect I'm set on shave soap for a while.

FarmerTan

My dozen Arko sticks arrived a couple of days ago. 2020 manufacture date versus 2016 for my low aroma Arko puck. Newer product has a much stronger scent that I do like. Similar to the puck the sticks produce great slick lather that I find similar to Williams. Two main differences to Williams, scent lasts longer and I can produce the needed lather easily with my synthetic brush versus the stiffer boar brush used for the Williams. Between the Arko sticks, the extra dozen Williams pucks from December, some Van Der Haagen, Proraso and blends suspect I'm set on shave soap for a while.
If you stop buying them now you won't be running low until around 3017 I'd imagine!

FarmerTan

Wouldn't it be just so perfect if the urinals in Turkey smelled like Tabac or some other forum favorite shaving soap? 😁
Ya know, I wore Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel today. The aftershave version. It actually wears off. The cologne you can smell on a well buried corpse for a week. But it struck me just how much it smells like Tabac.
No idea what the new Tabac smells like. Probably ruined it when they took the fat out.

Ya know, I wore Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel today. The aftershave version. It actually wears off. The cologne you can smell on a well buried corpse for a week. But it struck me just how much it smells like Tabac.
No idea what the new Tabac smells like. Probably ruined it when they took the fat out.
I knew there had to be a reason why I liked (tallow) Tabac when I tried it recently! I just didn't realize it was because of the resemblance to Grey Flannel. Here I thought it was because of the wonderful latherability. Turns out, it was the anti-social/self-defense aspect of the soap's scent! 😁

BTW, my 8 oz. EDT bottle says, "Hi!"
D5CCA917-7289-4F32-A37C-7BABAB311685.jpeg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I would bet to the contrary. I trust the German attention to detail. That said, my Tabac is fatted. I don't have the new. It's probably not bad or at least I'd probably like it. I have several other French and German soaps that are veggie based and they perform well.

Top Bottom