What's new

First album you ever bought?

Wow, Hot Rats, I'm impressed. My first record was the LP School's Out* by Alice Cooper (the group, that is) at the age of ten in 1973. This was followed shortly thereafter by my attempt to buy Frank Zappa's Hot Rats. But my father wouldn't let me as one of the titles was "Willie the Pimp." Had to wait for another six years and my first after-school job for that one. ;-)

*Wish I could say I still had the panties. But I still do love that early Alice Cooper stuff.
I remember my brother opening up Schools Out and seeing the panties on the record. That was a great time in music when the packaging could be as fun as the record.

I remember the first two tapes I had were Metallica: Kill 'Em All and Run-DMC: Run-DMC that my mom got me for a good report card in 1st grade, 1984! I'm having a hard time remembering the first one I bought MYSELF with my own money. That was most likely either Faith No More: The Real Thing or Motley Crue: Dr. Feelgood in 6th grade, 1989. I still have many songs from each of these records that I still listen to to this day.

I'm trying to remember what I first got into after 45s. If it was albums, probably Chicago VI. If cassettes, probably something by Elton John, Three Dog Night or Grand Funk Railroad.

I am not sure the first album my mom bought me. I lots, some hand-me-downs from older brothers, some just for me. I know my Spider-Man LP with the narrated ASM #1 reprint was bought for me. My Bing Crosby Jack-Be-Nimble was a hand-me-down. I still have many of them. I still have my Disney's Haunted Mansion LP that I got when the attraction first opened in Disney World. It's narrated by the late, great Thurl Ravencroft.

I put my first album I purchased up earlier, but the first music I bought myself was Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, South of the Border, I believe was the 2-track tape, with The Girl From Iponema on it. This deck played it until I wore it and another one out....from an e-bay ad.....

49EF0793-9F08-4EE4-B582-BDF0690BB709.jpeg

Then it was 45s, then albums.

I put my first album I purchased up earlier, but the first music I bought myself was Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, South of the Border, I believe was the 2-track tape, with The Girl From Iponema on it. This deck played it until I wore it and another one out....from an e-bay ad.....

View attachment 934162

Then it was 45s, then albums.

I think one of the first 45s I ever bought myself was Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass' "Tijuana Taxi"!

The first album that I borrowed from the library was a jazz record Hello Dolly by Louis Armstrong. I was about thirteen years old. Didn’t know anything about jazz and had never heard of Louis Armstrong. It was a life changing experience. He’s still my favorite singer. Looking back I’m rather proud of that. I don’t remember which album I purchased.

The first album that I borrowed from the library was a jazz record Hello Dolly by Louis Armstrong. I was about thirteen years old. Didn’t know anything about jazz and had never heard of Louis Armstrong. It was a life changing experience. He’s still my favorite singer. Looking back I’m rather proud of that. I don’t remember which album I purchased.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I vill not buy thees record, eet is scratched.

Top Bottom