What's new

First 3 days shaving in Beirut...

Well, they have actually been great, for what I've had to work with....missing one of my two main bags, of course. I expected this, sock prepared for a potential shave apocolypse. Soooo, I packed 2 razors, 2 brushes I one had, 1 razor and 2 other brushes in the other bag....my main Marvy mug in the first and a few sticks of arko as back up in the second bag......I was super prepared!!! Except......blades. I packed all in the first bag. Long story short, the first bag did not make it to Beirut from NC. I thought to myself, HAAA, I have beaten the system. Nope, my only saving grace was that I left a Astra blade in my ej89...4+ shave on it, as I meant to change it out before traveling, but I didn't. Sooooo, 3 days, 3 shaves possibly the 6,7,8th on the blade. The only brush was the chubby 1 best (brand new), And thankfully arko sticks. (I really missed using my vision:().....I had 3 DFS, smooth, irritation free shaves so far. Very impressed, I feel as it is my masterful skill set that allowed this feat. (lol, not).....so thankfully my other bag arrived and I have full access to all my shave gear now. Tomarrow is a definite blade change, my vision will be back in service too!! I will keep u all updated on my progress. I have found omega brushes in majority of supermarkets over here, but Gillette is definitely taking over here, no DE's in sight anywhere, it's all disposable 3, 4,5 bladed carts. Anyways, just figured I would share my initial experience. I'm having a blast by the way, so much fun. Great food. Cheers!

Indeed, Beirut is awesome. If you haven't hit up Kaslik or Gemmayze, you're wrong! Have fun out there.

Well, great news, my awesome Merkur Vision shaves have resumed from the previous delay...........Ahhhh I missed my big ol honker of a razor!!! Still shaves great!!

Hellooo a lebanese actually!
i am trying to find derby blades or a store that is into DE shaving without luck!
any tips?

Top Bottom