What's new

First 10-Week B&B Bullseye Session Starts Today, March 14, 2022

Bullseye matches are also known as Precision Pistol Matches. The B&B Bullseye League is a "relaxed league". We are not using the entire, 76 page NRA Precision Pistol Rules Book for this league. Here's what you need to know to get started.
  • Read the attached "Introduction to the B&B Bullseye Pistol League" - It's just 2 pages!
  • Read the attached "The B&B Bullseye League Basics" - It's just 3 pages!
  • Print the attached "50 foot B2 and B3 Targets" - Bullseye Leagues shoot at several distances. Shorter distances use smaller targets. If you want to shoot at a different distance, the attached "NRA Precision Pistol Rules" handbook will identify the targets you need.
  • Shoot indoors or outdoors - The choice is yours
  • A paper form and a smartphone (Android or Apple) app have been provided for scoring. The download link is in the 5 pages of reading...
  • You may reshoot your three target set until you get a score you want to post for the week. You may not reshoot an individual target to improve the week's score. You must start over. Details are in the 5 pages of reading.
  • Please post the week's score before Sunday, 14:00/2:00 PM, EST if you can. Late postings will be cataloged when I can get to it. :001_smile
This league is for fun and personal skills improvement! Please help one another out when you see an opportunity to do so.

Haven't heard if we want the first week to be a practice run. I'm fine with: scoring this week as the first week, letting this week's score be lost forever, or using this week's score as a placeholder for a missed week/replacement for a really jittery/too much coffee week.

Attachments

• Introduction to the B&B Bullseye League.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 31
  • The B&B Bullseye League Basics.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 27
  • B2 and B3 Pistol Targets-50 foot.pdf
    41.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Bullseye Scoring Form.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Wow. Very thorough and enlightening! Thanks for your efforts in putting this together. This should be fun!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I’m going to be just a sideline spectator, but it does sound fun. Where’s a circus clown emoji or an inebriated fella wearing a lampshade when you need one? :)

I’m going to be just a sideline spectator, but it does sound fun. Where’s a circus clown emoji or an inebriated fella wearing a lampshade when you need one? :)
I resemble that remark! It's just putting holes into paper. Join us.

Sounds like you would be using the Ruger Wrangler. Timed fire is a bit of deal with a single action revolver and rapid fire might be a much bigger deal. So, don't worry about the time factor.
  • Slow fire - Easy to do in ten minutes but since you are reloading manually, add another few minutes if needed.
  • Timed fire - Just try to space out your shots so there is 5 to 20 seconds between each shot.
  • Rapid fire - Just try to space out your shots so there is 5 to 10 seconds between each shot.
  • Don't worry about running over any of the time limits.
Time limits shouldn't concern anyone. If you need a bit more time take it. Semi-auto users - When your score start cresting 185 it's time to give the clock a lot more attention.

OkieStubble

I resemble that remark! It's just putting holes into paper. Join us.

Sounds like you would be using the Ruger Wrangler. Timed fire is a bit of deal with a single action revolver and rapid fire might be a much bigger deal. So, don't worry about the time factor.
  • Slow fire - Easy to do in ten minutes but since you are reloading manually, add another few minutes if needed.
  • Timed fire - Just try to space out your shots so there is 5 to 20 seconds between each shot.
  • Rapid fire - Just try to space out your shots so there is 5 to 10 seconds between each shot.
  • Don't worry about running over any of the time limits.
Time limits shouldn't concern anyone. If you need a bit more time take it. Semi-auto users - When your score start cresting 185 it's time to give the clock a lot more attention.

This thread is making me want to go get a Buckmark.

Ok then, enabler. :)
If you are going on a shopping trip... in alpha order...I've shot them or know people who use them regularly.
  • Beretta Neos - try to find the 6" barrel
  • Browning Buckmark - large frame models feel similar to a 1911 in the hand
  • Ruger II, III, IV - IV's are really nice, IIs and III are accurate but much harder to maintain
  • S&W Victory - 6" barrel
All of these are decent target pistols. Some of them fall in the $400 plus range and other approach $1,000.

If you have a 1911 45 check out The Training Advantage Of 1911 Conversion Kits - https://gundigest.com/handguns/the-training-advantage-of-1911-conversion-kits. I've never shot one but I've heard people say good things. $500 and a bit more for a Nelson kit. Turns a 1911 45 into a 1911 22LR.

OkieStubble

If you are going on a shopping trip... in alpha order...I've shot them or know people who use them regularly.
  • Beretta Neos - try to find the 6" barrel
  • Browning Buckmark - large frame models feel similar to a 1911 in the hand
  • Ruger II, III, IV - IV's are really nice, IIs and III are accurate but much harder to maintain
  • S&W Victory - 6" barrel
All of these are decent target pistols. Some of them fall in the $400 plus range and other approach $1,000.

If you have a 1911 45 check out The Training Advantage Of 1911 Conversion Kits - https://gundigest.com/handguns/the-training-advantage-of-1911-conversion-kits. I've never shot one but I've heard people say good things. $500 and a bit more for a Nelson kit. Turns a 1911 45 into a 1911 22LR.

Is it just me? Or does this guy’s knowledge of .22 competition pistol’s, says he’s going to be shooting a bunch of five leaf clover’s on the rest of us…. ;)

Is it just me? Or does this guy’s knowledge of .22 competition pistol’s, says he’s going to be shooting a bunch of five leaf clover’s on the rest of us…. ;)
Nope, not me, but I am working on it. :straight:

I shoot with a bunch of people who regularly land most of them near the center. I also did a ton of research and hands-on work before I bought my Buckmark. Most of the people I shoot with use S&W 41s and Ruger III/IVs. Only three of us use Buckmarks. My hand preferred the feel and balance of the Buckmark over the IIIs. I couldn't find a IV anywhere in NH. The grip on the Victory got lost in my hand. My budget and my far better half wouldn't let me touch a S&W 41.

I have several Ruger MK I and II pistol's. I think the fit and finish is better on them over the III's. I do my own trigger jobs and usually get the pull down well under 2 lbs, with the creep and post travel tuned out. Most of the time, I get about 1.5 lbs .

Some people complain about the procedure to take apart and reassemble the I-III guns. It's not really a big deal, IMO.

I am no stranger to what makes a Ruger MK tick. I keep nearly every available factory spare part on hand, plus some aftermarket.

20220315_001312.jpg

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Tandemkross has some parts that make the Ruger takedown a bit easier and a replacement part for the stoopid empty/loaded chamber indicator on later pistols. But the Ruger takedown is no big deal once you get used to it.

I have several Ruger MK I and II pistol's. I think the fit and finish is better on them over the III's. I do my own trigger jobs and usually get the pull down well under 2 lbs, with the creep and post travel tuned out. Most of the time, I get about 1.5 lbs .

Some people complain about the procedure to take apart and reassemble the I-III guns. It's not really a big deal, IMO.

I am no stranger to what makes a Ruger MK tick. I keep nearly every available factory spare part on hand, plus some aftermarket.

View attachment 1424150
I think we may have discovered a potential high-scorer!

Tandemkross has some parts that make the Ruger takedown a bit easier and a replacement part for the stoopid empty/loaded chamber indicator on later pistols. But the Ruger takedown is no big deal once you get used to it.
The Ruger IV is a super simple takedown. Just a button push. The Buckmark only needs to be disassembled every 4,000 or so rounds. But, you've got some torqued bolts with special washers to deal with. I run cleaning patches through the bore and brush out/clean out the breech every other range visit.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Dang! This sounds so fun I’m going to stop at the gun store today and see if they have a .22 pistol. I can set up a 50ft target in my yard :kyle1:

Dang! This sounds so fun I’m going to stop at the gun store today and see if they have a .22 pistol. I can set up a 50ft target in my yard :kyle1:
That will work! I remember backyard shooting with my dad in Ohio. Can't do this in my part of NH.

I've got a silhouette pellet trap that's been mangled by thousands of pellets over the years. Sally says it is my favorite toy.

When I was shooting metallic silhouette matches, I would probably shoot 2k rimfire and 1k centerfire a month practicing. We had a group that would meet several times a week to practice and BS. I miss that more than the actual matches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom