What's new

First 0 alum sting BBS

Title says it all, first time I've had a BBS shave that resulted in 0 sting/feedback from my alum stick.

My usual routine: shower shave after washing face with Neutrogena oil free acne wash. Merkur 37c w/ fresh Astra SP, 2 pass + touch ups.

Here's the kicker... I used edge gel with aloe.

Absolutely no alum sting/feedback, no red puffiness, no nics, no cuts. My skin looks and feels great.

I'm not new to canned products and use barbasol in my regular rotation but this was something different. I've recently dropped my den down to 1 razor, 1 blade type, 1 brush, 1 cream, alum, and 1 aftershave. It's been great! I now have to say I think this edge gel may be my new quick shave and travel lather, not afraid to say it at all.

I used that way back in my cart days. I believe it provides a good degree of protection and may actually be too thick for a cart but may be great for DE. Thanks for sharing your results.

It was really interesting. Usually I use proraso green pre shave + green cream and frequently get a nice BBS but it results in some alum feedback and the occasional nic.

I'm not entirely saying it's all due to the edge gel either. As a whole i've lately noticed a drastic improvement in the overall quality, speed, and result of my shaves across the board. What caused that for me was literally going down to 1 razor and 1 blade that worked well for me and sticking with those. For some reason it took me a few years to realize it's the hand and not the razor, blade, lather, etc. I was always on this search for the "magic set up" and never took the time to focus solely on technique until a few months ago and it's paid off almost immediately.

Top Bottom