What's new

Firearms you regret selling.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have two. My Remington 1100 and my Marlin Golden 39A. The Remington I can live without, the Marlin I am thinking more and more about looking for a used one.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctr

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 Remington 870 Wingmaster my dad gave me.

It was 20 gauge; in the 90s I standardized to the 12. 🙁 Just didn't want to keep two calibers.

Have been given/bought Winchester and Mossberg pumps and they are lesser guns. Sorry but they are.

Ideally I'd get a used 12 Wingmaster - but can't justify with two other pumps. They work, they're just crappier.

Salutes to the happy Wingmaster owners. Don't sell it.

AA

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Ruger P94. It’s the first pistol I purchased after I turned 21. It wasn’t the most accurate and only held 10rnds but it was heavy enough to use as a hammer/weapon if I ever needed to drive a tent stake or smash skulls. I traded it in for a Glock of all things. Now my firearms fall into 2 categories, those I’ll never sell (1911’s, M1s, Heirlooms, etc) and my “plastic” guns that I’m willing to part with if I see something I like at the LGS.

My father has always said,
"You never sell guns, only buy them."
I suppose he might sell to a family member but I think in all my years he only sold two guns:
One was a black powder kit that he built for someone else (who paid him to do it).
Second was a pistol trade - he traded in one pistol he didn't like to upgrade to another one.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve never sold any and don’t ever plan to. However, I am still pissed at my bro for selling my dads Ruger Blackhawk.

The one that got away. My dad had a .458 Win. Mag bolt action rifle I do not remember what brand. He sold it in the 80's before I ever had a chance to shoot it.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Salutes to the happy Wingmaster owners. Don't sell it.

I still have my fathers old 16g Wingmaster.

My uncle shot his first deer with it, New Years Day 1965.

Jan 1st 1965.JPG

I carried it on my last deer hunt. I still have his old wood dynamite case full of 16g shells too.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Ruger P94. It’s the first pistol I purchased after I turned 21. It wasn’t the most accurate and only held 10rnds but it was heavy enough to use as a hammer/weapon if I ever needed to drive a tent stake or smash skulls. I traded it in for a Glock of all things. Now my firearms fall into 2 categories, those I’ll never sell (1911’s, M1s, Heirlooms, etc) and my “plastic” guns that I’m willing to part with if I see something I like at the LGS.

Lol’d. I feel your pain. I did the same thing with a Ruger P85.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
In 1995, I traded a 1974 Belgium Browning BAR in .270 for an Olympic Arms AR in .223.

In my defense, I was very young and very, very, very stupid. At the time, I thought I was just trading an old deer rifle.

I bet none of ya’ll can top that one?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Matching pair of Colts:
Diamondback
Python
Both factory nickel 4” barrel
”Nah. 9mm auto is the way to go these days.” Uh huh😖
My thinking at a certain age prevented from getting a great deal. It was probably 1990, and a buddy was going to sell me his H&K P7M8 for $700. He only had a hundred rounds through it, but he didn’t care for it. It was a tack driver in my hands. But I was like “nah, 9 mm is a weak round”. I plan on getting one next year oh so. Good used one only go for around $3k. I am really stupid sometimes. :)

Top Bottom