What's new

Fire Brush & Ebony InLay

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The Red one reminds Me of a Flame when I hold it , Very cool Grain.
20180113_180249.jpg
20180113_180301.jpg
. 24 mm knots in both
And the Other one is from My box of left overs from a Estate Sale where the Old Timer used to make custom pool cues ,so I am not sure what the white part of the handle is ,could be something . The stripes are ebony which a very nice wood to work with. I made it very simple .

Your ability to bring the wood alive shows in all of your wooden handles and this one really is outstanding.

Very nice Steve, that’s some beautiful grain on the wood one. Do you know what kind of wood it is? I’m at a loss as to what the white part is on the other, it looks like resin of some sort. The only wood I know of that light and (sometimes) without a grain pattern is Holly, which seems to me would be much to soft for a pool cue, not to mention it would discolor from all the sanding dust from the ebony.

Holy cow, that red one is awesome! The shape, the grain, the whole deal!
What is the knot in that one?

Yet again my vote goes to the underdog. The inlaid brush is amazing! The simplicity makes it whenever out. I really like it.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Very nice Steve, that’s some beautiful grain on the wood one. Do you know what kind of wood it is? I’m at a loss as to what the white part is on the other, it looks like resin of some sort. The only wood I know of that light and (sometimes) without a grain pattern is Holly, which seems to me would be much to soft for a pool cue, not to mention it would discolor from all the sanding dust from the ebony.

Jay it is not wood ,it is some sorta resin . No chips at all when the ebony was cut in.
being a old time custom pool cue maker I thought maybe Ivory at first. I know that they used to use it .

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Your ability to bring the wood alive shows in all of your wooden handles and this one really is outstanding.

Thanks Mat for the kind words.

I absolutely love the wood handle. Very nice.

Sent via Tapatalk
Thank You Chris.

Holy cow, that red one is awesome! The shape, the grain, the whole deal!
What is the knot in that one?

The knot was sent to me from a guy in California, it is called "The Mother Load knot " Very soft tips.

proxy.php

The wood one reminds me of one of my favorite ruins in Southern Utah.

I see The Fire in the grain as well.

The white and black one feels like a nice homage to the previous owner of that material. And you really brought the flames out in that wood one. Truly amazing work. Is that wood padauk?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The white and black one feels like a nice homage to the previous owner of that material. And you really brought the flames out in that wood one. Truly amazing work. Is that wood padauk?

The wood is RED HEART

Top Bottom