What's new

Finished!

I was wondering how many products have you used from breaking the seal to getting rid of the empty container. I don't mean disposable blades, of any type, samples or cans of goo. Just containers of soaps, creams, balms, pre or post shave lotions, etc.? Also things like brushes and alum bars that you've worn out

It will be awhile for me, as I'm still in the "new shaver acquiring anything and everything shave related" stage.:001_tt1: I'm hoping to use up my puck Cronks bay rum soon, as in the next two months. But that's as close as it gets.

There may have been other threads that talked about this, but my search didn't show any recent ones. I figured that those who are on sabbatical could use this as some type of positive feedback as well.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
One puck of VDH, one tube of Bigelow, one tube of Barbasol brushless cream (that got used up as pre-shave prep in the shower once I discovered I didn't like it), one bottle of AV Musk, and several years ago a bottle of AV Ice Blue (glass bottle; wish I'd kept it, but I didn't know any better).

Many, many pucks of AOS soap. Those are in the past tho, I am now into MWF. Been using my first puck for about 6 weeks and not even a dent yet.

The only containers I've emptied in a year and a half of wet shaving are sample pots... I hope my participation in the 2014 restraint will let me finish a lot of what I've accumulated!

I've been through one puck of Col. Conk and three pucks of I Coloniali mango. I'm working my way through a tub of Proraso green and WM Nuemann lime mint rum. When they are done I'll definitely get refills.

I have worn out two brushes -- both Crabtree and Evelyn branded Edwin Jagger Best Badgers, innumerable tubes of Palmolive and Gillette cream, a puck of VDH Deluxe, several tubs of Crabtree and Evelyn Sweet Almond shaving cream, some Mike's Coconut, Cella, several tubes of Lea cream, and a tube of Trumpers Almond. That covers about 35 years.

I have worn out two brushes -- both Crabtree and Evelyn branded Edwin Jagger Best Badgers, innumerable tubes of Palmolive and Gillette cream, a puck of VDH Deluxe, several tubs of Crabtree and Evelyn Sweet Almond shaving cream, some Mike's Coconut, Cella, several tubes of Lea cream, and a tube of Trumpers Almond. That covers about 35 years.
I stand in awe.

I'm starting to get excited about 'finishing' my first product that's shave related. For me it's going to be my Proraso Aftershave with menthol. I'm about 3/5th through it. It's going to be a long time before I empty any of my soaps or creams as I like to rotate through them all whereas I pretty much use the Proraso AS every day.

Travis.

Top Bottom