What's new

Finished up these 2 today

All re-knotted and cleaned up. One Made Rite with a new 20mm Black Badger and one Stag with a new 18mm Master Badger Silver Tip both from TGN. These cleaned up pretty nice. I kind of wish I could have set a larger knot in the Stag but I really didn’t want to drill out the vintage handle to make more room.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All re-knotted and cleaned up. One Made Rite with a new 20mm Black Badger and one Stag with a new 18mm Master Badger Silver Tip both from TGN. These cleaned up pretty nice. I kind of wish I could have set a larger knot in the Stag but I really didn’t want to drill out the vintage handle to make more room.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Two beauties.

Both very pretty. I’ve been afraid of buying any vintage brushes with handles like that Eveready. The vertical flutes have to be a ***** to lightly sand and polish. Was that to difficult to do?

Both very pretty. I’ve been afraid of buying any vintage brushes with handles like that Eveready. The vertical flutes have to be a ***** to lightly sand and polish. Was that to difficult to do?

I say go for it! It wasn’t too bad. I use Micromesh sanding pads. They seem to work great for this type of work for me. The kit I have goes from 1500 to 12000 grit. If there are any deeper scratches or dings I use a wet/dry sandpaper progression then the pads.

Awesome work on those brushes!
I have only restored two so far - Ever Ready 200T re-knotted in finest badger and a Fuller using a Timberwolf synthetic.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

How do you like the Master Silvertip? I just set one in a handle today, but didn’t see much commentary/feedback about it here before I purchased it.

Did we ever get a feel for the Master Badger?

I'm enjoying it! Mine is 18mm and the initial impression was that it was a little scritchy with a decent backbone. After about 5-6 shaves, I stopped noticing any scritch but the backbone softened up some. Not the most luxurious knot, but comfortably utilitarian. I think it’s the perfect match for the vintage handle.

DE303ADE-ADE8-4879-B3F5-37119BDDD8FB.jpeg

I found this butterscotch handle in an antique mall in Jacksonville, Florida last October and finally got around to cleaning it up and re-knotting it with a Super High Density two band badger knot. It originally had a 20mm hole, but the handle was way too big for such a small knot so I used a Dremel to enlarge the hole to accommodate a 26mm knot.

The handle is the heaviest material of all of my handles. About the same density as a billiard ball and it was originally a very dull/flat yellow almost the color of brown mustard. I really like how this turned out.

Jax.jpg

Top Bottom