What's new

Finished off puck of (pre-) shave soap!!

the at-home shave routine is pre-shave lather and rinse with Ach Brito Glyce; works great!
Face lather from the puck with whatever brush du jour.
The approx. 6 oz. puck is lasting about 2 years; now's about time for a replacement!

ach brito glyce classic.jpg

I've been using 365 Brand glycerin soap as a pre-shave. Have also used the Neutrogena face bar. They seem to work about the same.

I'm impressed you got two years from one soap.

I've been using 365 Brand glycerin soap as a pre-shave. Have also used the Neutrogena face bar. They seem to work about the same.

I'm impressed you got two years from one soap.
Me too! A puck of Ach Brito lasts me about two months.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Me too! A puck of Ach Brito lasts me about two months.

well, i wet the face, not the puck, and simply rub puck over whiskers.
then lather with moistened brush.

i'm shaving from home roughly 100 day/yr, considering gym days, travel, no-shave days.

in fact, here is the startup of the latest puck, actually Feb 2017!

glyce feb 2017.jpg

Re Neutrogena, Clearly and other glycerin bars, those work well, and I'll cut off cubes for travel and gym use. However, these are much less dense than Glyce and don't last nearly as long.

clearly natural glycerin soap dubl duck omega myrsol k harris albany october 11 2014.jpg

the at-home shave routine is pre-shave lather and rinse with Ach Brito Glyce; works great!
Face lather from the puck with whatever brush du jour.
The approx. 6 oz. puck is lasting about 2 years; now's about time for a replacement!

View attachment 1092266
Can you help me understand your preshave routine better? Do you rinse off the preshave after you have worked it in with the brush?

I'm currently using Ach Brito Glyce because I couldn't find a puck of Musgo Real Lime Glyce, which I prefer. That used to be ubiquitous around here, but it's way overpriced compared to Ach Brito. I recently found some however, and once my Ach Brito is done I'll be switching back. They're made by the same company, or so I'm led to understand, but I prefer the scent of Musgo Real.

Can you help me understand your preshave routine better? Do you rinse off the preshave after you have worked it in with the brush?

sure, do a light rinse or wipe of preshave lather, which leaves the glycerin film over skin.
then proceed to lather up with whatever soap, cream, stick you would otherwise use.

I'm currently using Ach Brito Glyce because I couldn't find a puck of Musgo Real Lime Glyce, which I prefer. That used to be ubiquitous around here, but it's way overpriced compared to Ach Brito. I recently found some however, and once my Ach Brito is done I'll be switching back. They're made by the same company, or so I'm led to understand, but I prefer the scent of Musgo Real.

the musgo was great, but it disappeared from my view, a few years back.
same soap base as Ach Brito, or so it seemed.
perhaps different mold, with slightly concave sides.
where are you finding the Musgo currently?

ians orange geranium zowada musgo glyce pashana castile rubberset 203 november 23 2014.jpg

I got two pucks from Fendrihan, but now they're sold out. Sid Mashburn says they have some, but it's pricey. I might pull the trigger on it, because I've got the feeling it may be out of production. It doesn't show up on the Claus Porto website with all the other insanely expensive Musgo Real lineup.

Top Bottom