What's new

Finished my yeard! (sort of)

Well today I just realized that I had crossed the line of a one year beard a couple weeks ago. However its not a true yeard as it has been trimmed with scissors a bit to flatten the cheeks and shape it. I'm pretty proud of it especially considering it's my first time ever growing facial hair since high school (I'm 22). I'm thinking it'll stay as long as life and work allow it.

A couple things I've noted since I started:
- I have red hairs streaking down from the corners of my mouth. I don't know of any living relatives with red hair. Adds a cool contrast I think.
- My beard is CURLY! If you straightened the hairs some of them would start reaching my chest. I found a hair that fell out once that 100% looked like a slinky!
- I've developed some patience whilst growing it. In the beginning I was so eager for it to just grow. Now I honestly have to think about how long I've had it.
- It keeps me damn warm in the winter months when it reaches -40 Celsius.
- I had to change how I ate quite a bit otherwise I'd be chewing on my moustache every meal or saving food in my chin for later

This is latest pic of me. It's from a few days ago when I was out looking for wolves and doing some ice fishing.

Cheers everyone!

proxy.php

Folks would be surprised how much red they have. I remember looking at my hair in high school, through a microscope during a science class. Back then my hair was almost black (it's a very "light black' these days - grin). You could see the red in it when under the microscope.

Sent via mobile

Nice! I couldn't have filled out such a full beard at 22, maybe by 32. Do you plan to let it keep getting longer, or maintain it at the current length?

Nice! I couldn't have filled out such a full beard at 22, maybe by 32. Do you plan to let it keep getting longer, or maintain it at the current length?
Thank you! I'd like to get it a bit longer, preferably down to at least collar bones. It would just take a very long time due to the curly nature in my beard. What it lacks in visual length it makes up for in volume. Everything under my chin is a curly nest of hairs that almost reach my chest when individually stretched out. Pretty sure you could uppercut me under the chin and I wouldn't feel a thing :a11:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Your beard is much better than I could produce! Where are you in that photo? Looks like you need the insulation!

Your beard is much better than I could produce! Where are you in that photo? Looks like you need the insulation!
Yukon Territory, Canada. That was actually one of the warmest days all winter. I have a couple good photos of a completely white beard from being out in the cold for only five minutes. It turns white pretty quick when its -40 haha

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sounds like beautiful country. You are blessed. I am in Michigan's lower peninsula where it rarely gets below 0 degrees, just cold enough to have sloppy weather for 3 or 4 months. But I live in the country on the family homestead and half of my land is wooded. Enjoy it immensely!

Top Bottom