What's new

Fine Soap?

How good is Fine shave soap for performance? I noticed that WCS carries it and is made in the Netherlands... help answer my question please! I may get some.

It's absolutely wonderful stuff!!

I have the entire set and even though done of the scents don't suit me, that's a individual reaction. The soap performance and scents are all fantastic!!

It's absolutely wonderful stuff!!

I have the entire set and even though done of the scents don't suit me, that's a individual reaction. The soap performance and scents are all fantastic!!

It’s fantastic. One of the few soaps i’ve ever 3017’ed for no other reason than it’s awesome.

I really like l’orange noir and fresh Vetiver

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I have not tried it myself, but many people love it and I cannot recall a single one giving it a thumbs-down.
Give it a go!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Some have said its harder to lather but i haven't found that. Excellent soaps i like snake bite
they dont come in a container just a puck so you have to have a container for it. I found the puck fits perfectly in a vintage old spice mug giving that impulse buy a purpose. The as line is nice too.

One of my favorite soap makers. Santal Absolut is my favorite scent just about among any maker anywhere. They are hard pucks and so they will last a very long time. You can buy just a puck or they also sold the puck inside of a plastic container with a good label on it. You can also buy the ceramic bowl that you can put the puck in and it is a more permanent addition to your den. The bowls can even be color-coded to the soap and they are stackable. I just got my first bowl recently and I really enjoy it.

Performance is outstanding.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Some have said its harder to lather but i haven't found that. Excellent soaps i like snake bite
they dont come in a container just a puck so you have to have a container for it. I found the puck fits perfectly in a vintage old spice mug giving that impulse buy a purpose. The as line is nice too.

I got mine in a plastic container from Fine. Its good stuff.

I have the Fine Green Vetiver soap, and I think it is very good. Attracted to it initially for the scent, which is very nice! Read that it was formulated like and lathered like Tabac. Just got Tabac, and am inclined to agree that it lathers very similarly.

Its a good soap. I tried their Absolut Santal and the soap performs well, although I didnt love the scent. It was quite sandalwoody enough for me.

Just got the Lavender Pour Homme for Christmas. Scent is wonderful, performance is top-notch. They say it's the same base formula as Tabac and I believe it.

I have the American Blend and I like it a lot. I don't think it performs as well as Tabac (as I was led to believe), but it's pretty darn good with a pleasant scent. I also have the American Blend aftershave and the Santal Absolut aftershave.

I'm going against the grain here so to speak, I've use my Fine soap three times and just didn't find
it as a top performer, average at best especially for a tallow soap. I'm going to use a different blade
and try to dial it again on some future shaves.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I'm going against the grain here so to speak, I've use my Fine soap three times and just didn't find it as a top performer, average at best especially for a tallow soap. I'm going to use a different blade and try to dial it again on some future shaves.
Nothing wrong at all if Fine doesn't tickle your fancy. That's a reason to be glad that we have so many choices these days.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
I'm going against the grain here so to speak, I've use my Fine soap three times and just didn't find
it as a top performer, average at best especially for a tallow soap. I'm going to use a different blade
and try to dial it again on some future shaves.

this might sound funny but try a different brush it can make a huge difference
good luck

Top Bottom