What's new

Fine Slant Razor (polished aluminum) I’M IN LOVE

I own the Fine Superlite and it is literally one of my favorite razors. It smoked the PBOCS, which I absolutely loved. It is quite possibly THE most efficient razor I own.

I own the Fine Superlite and it is literally one of my favorite razors. It smoked the PBOCS, which I absolutely loved. It is quite possibly THE most efficient razor I own.
Did the (current) aluminum one supersede the (Superlite) plastic one?

Do you have pics? We love pics. :001_wub:

Fine Slant Razor SOTD
SOTD-FS-K_2020-10-08.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Croap: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (1)
ASL: TFS Rasozero Agrumella

A truly excellent shave. :cornut:

My new TFS Budget Line croap and ASL landed today. I gave the croap a sniff: relatively mild and pleasant citrus scent. I dabbed some ASL on my wrist, then gave it the 20" sniff followed by the 30' sniff: at 20 seconds it was a strong but pleasant citrus and flowery scent; after 30 minutes it was like freshly peeled lemon – strong but very nice and simple.

The croap is extremely easy to lather. It's very slick and easy to make either thin or thick depending on your preference. It had a nice gentle aroma throughout the shave (definitely not your Arko "knock you down with one sniff" pungence).

The ASL has a great kick to it (no doubt due to the alcohol and menthol)... if you like that sort of thing. I thought I didn't but I'm now truly converted. Sitting here two hours later I can still smell the "lemon peel" but it's pretty faint now.

All in all I'm very pleased with my new software purchase. :biggrin:

Fine Slant Razor SOTD
SOTD-FS-R_2020-10-09.jpg

Croap: Rasozero Agrumella
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (2)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella

Another very nice shave. :cornut:

I wonder how long I can stick to these five great pieces of hardware/software? Another fickleness test. :letterk1:

Did the (current) aluminum one supersede the (Superlite) plastic one?

Do you have pics? We love pics. :001_wub:

I too would like to know how this compares to the superlite slant, which I’ve had for about 2 years and absolutely love using!😍

I'm thinking the only real difference is durability. The plastic one, it would so easy to twist the handle to tight and break something, like the screw post. The metal one would be a durable as it is pretty.

I too would like to know how this compares to the superlite slant, which I’ve had for about 2 years and absolutely love using!😍
I'm thinking the only real difference is durability. The plastic one, it would so easy to twist the handle to tight and break something, like the screw post. The metal one would be a durable as it is pretty.
Shucks guys, I'm starting to pine for the apparently now unobtainium ABS Superlite model. :crying:

Fine Slant Razor SOTD
SOTD-FS-W_2020-10-11.jpg

Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (4)

An excellent shave, very Zen. :sorcerer:

Fine Slant Razor SOTD
SOTD-FS-Y_2020-10-14.jpg

Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (6)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella*

A great shave. :cornut:

On the progress chart the shaves just get better (till I hit another trough that is). :letterk1:

I'm really loving the TFS Budget Line. Simple scents (to stop my nose and brain from getting confused) and oh-so-easy to use. On saying that, I've only tried the Agrumella (and am already considering purchasing the 1kg block!).

* I added a 0.4g Menthol Crystal to my (nearly full) 100ml bottle of ASL. That gave me a really pleasant five minute post-shave chill. I love it when experiments work out well. :biggrin:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
A guy could buy one of these. They could as a confirmed synthetic hater even try it out just for grins before they send it to someone who would replace the synthetic knot with a nice badger.

1602723339967.png

I'm kinda thinking a D01 2 band in one of these babies as I think about how to improve upon the already stunning recent Fine-looking photographs.

I don't actually know what these handles are made of, but I'd assume resin?

Cal, cool find of that Italian soap. It's a new one to me, my friend. Did you say it is available in the Kg size? How great is that. Where? Oh, never mind. I hadn't tried the obvious link. Great price!

Silly, right?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
I'm kinda thinking a D01 2 band in one of these babies as I think about how to improve upon the already stunning recent Fine-looking photographs.
The handles look fine to me, but there are none in a color scheme that particularly tickle my fancy. Anyway, my planning-type mind has other brush handle designs/materials/etc running through it at the moment.
Cal, cool find of that Italian soap. It's a new one to me, my friend.
Check out THIS thread, Jim. :wink2:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
A guy could buy one of these. They could as a confirmed synthetic hater even try it out just for grins before they send it to someone who would replace the synthetic knot with a nice badger.

View attachment 1168635

I don't actually know what these handles are made of, but I'd assume resin?

Cal, cool find of that Italian soap. It's a new one to me, my friend. Did you say it is available in the Kg size? How great is that. Where? Oh, never mind. I hadn't tried the obvious link. Great price!

Silly, right?

Happy shaves,

Jim
Jim, I have the smaller of the two Fine brushes courtesy of Uncas. They are your standard resin handle much like the old Ever Ready. They have Angel Hair synthetic knots. Why on earth would anyone ever want to swap it out. You'd ruins it, nooooooo. :eek2:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Jim, I have the smaller of the two Fine brushes courtesy of Uncas. They are your standard resin handle much like the old Ever Ready. They have Angel Hair synthetic knots. Why on earth would anyone ever want to swap it out. You'd ruins it, nooooooo. :eek2:

Well, Rave, here's my reasoning...
  1. Cal likes non-synthetic knots and dislikes synthetics I think.
  2. Cal seems way into all things Fine.
  3. Cal has no Fine brush because Fine makes nothing but synthetics.
  4. In my view, Cal's pictures are missing a Fine brush which can kinda sorta be remedied.
  5. You don't have to like anybody's brushes (and I don't either) and I would never suggest you ruin a brush to make a badger brush you wouldn't enjoy.
Apparently Cal is not into the Fine brushes because of their color scheme. I know this is much easier on the side of the pond you and I live on, but in Cal's position (and assuming he has a very strong desire for a Fine brush, or a Fine-looking brush, or that he wants to *improve* his photos in order to please me and my silly expectations) I might consider having Rudy Vey make me a *Fine-look-a-like* custom brush with the knot of my choice which might be a Shavemac D01 two band.

1602770049252.png

Cal obviously is on another path.

Cal's photo's are great. Whether or not he has a real Fine brush or a Fine-replica brush isn't remotely a big deal. I love his photos and I'm "fine" with his brush collection.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Well, Rave, here's my reasoning...
  1. Cal likes non-synthetic knots and dislikes synthetics I think.
  2. Cal seems way into all things Fine.
  3. Cal has no Fine brush because Fine makes nothing but synthetics.
  4. In my view, Cal's pictures are missing a Fine brush which can kinda sorta be remedied.
  5. You don't have to like anybody's brushes (and I don't either) and I would never suggest you ruin a brush to make a badger brush you wouldn't enjoy.
Apparently Cal is not into the Fine brushes because of their color scheme. I know this is much easier on the side of the pond you and I live on, but in Cal's position (and assuming he has a very strong desire for a Fine brush, or a Fine-looking brush, or that he wants to *improve* his photos in order to please me and my silly expectations) I might consider having Rudy Vey make me a *Fine-look-a-like* custom brush with the knot of my choice which might be a Shavemac D01 two band.

View attachment 1168830

Cal obviously is on another path.

Cal's photo's are great. Whether or not he has a real Fine brush or a Fine-replica brush isn't remotely a big deal. I love his photos and I'm "fine" with his brush collection.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Cal helped get me hooked on synthetic shaving brushes. He recommended the Omega S10065. I bought one and immediately never looked back. He may not be a big fan of synthetic brushes overall, but he's not beyond being an instigator. :devil: This is a sight to book mark. They are currently out of sight on the short handle Ever Ready Clones in multiple colors, but they say they will restock soon. https://heritagecollectionshaving.com/

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Cal helped get me hooked on synthetic shaving brushes. He recommended the Omega S10065. I bought it and immediately never looked back. He may not be a big fan of synthetic brushes overall, but he's not beyond being an instigator. :devil: This is a sight to book mark. They are currently out of sight on the short handle Ever Ready Clones in multiple colors, but they say they will restock soon. https://heritagecollectionshaving.com/
It seems like he only makes 26mm knots :incazzato

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Cal helped get me hooked on synthetic shaving brushes. He recommended the Omega S10065. I bought one and immediately never looked back. He may not be a big fan of synthetic brushes overall, but he's not beyond being an instigator.

1602788016118.png

:devil: This is a sight site to book mark. They are currently out of sight on the short handle Ever Ready Clones in multiple colors, but they say they will restock soon. https://heritagecollectionshaving.com/

They are very nice looking brushes.

I've occasionally considered one. I'd like to know more about their non-synthetic, non-gel knots.

But, don't tell me as I'm trying not to buy more brushes. I have an excellent selection of brushes already + too many which aren't really being used at all because they're second tier in my selections or because they are currently less favored than others. Why buy more?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
Fine Slant Razor SOTD
SOTD-FS-K_2020-10-15.jpg

Blade: Kai (1)

A fine shave. :biggrin:

I was considering adding a little more menthol to my ASL but I'm glad I didn't. I timed my post-shave chill today and it was eight minutes (nearly in Snake Bite territory). Choosing the 0.4g menthol crystal (to add to my ASL) yesterday was just pure luck. I simply looked at the crystals and chose one I liked the look/size of – highly technical. I'm now thinking about a slightly more advanced experiment... making my own ASL.
:idea: Stay tuned.

Top Bottom