What's new

Fine Slant Razor (polished aluminum) I’M IN LOVE

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I'm gonna try to channel the Slant Godz...

Looks kinda like a Wunderbar, which @efsk may his name be eternally exalted says is "modeled on" the Mulcuto. Or at least that's what I think he said once...dang memory needs a tuneup.

Some fairly serious slantification happenin' there.

O.H.

The Fine aluminum slant, as well as the Fine plastic slant, is based on a generic Solingen plastic slant of unknown producer, rebranded and sold under dozens of names: Sonnal, Upsal, Globusmann are brands I own, only visible on the shipper as the razors themselves are unbranded. Loads were sold with unbranded packaging as well.
For some reason the original works better for me than the Fine slants, but that's personal preference.

edit: Mulcuto did not sell this model under their own name, which I expect means they had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
@Cal how is the audible feedback? Can you hear it work or is it really muted (which is my only complaint with the Fatip)?

One thing I LOVE about my Red Tip is the sweet music it makes.

My 2 Fatips are perfect, but in the name of science we MUST sacrifice and test other slants...it’s our moral obligation.

48F62D5B-5096-4792-A82F-45F2E8BD1CE0.gif

Fine Slant Razor SOTD
SOTD-FS-K_2020-09-15.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: Fine L'Orange Noir
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
ASL: Fine L'Orange Noir

A very "fine" shave indeed! :cornut:

Fine Slant Razor SOTD
SOTD-FS-G_2020-09-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: Fine L'Orange Noir
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
ASL: Fine L'Orange Noir

And yet another very "fine" shave! :cornut:

Shave number four with the Fine Slant. Have I found my "grail" DE razor? :001_tt1: :001_wub: :letterk1:

*launches Fine's site*
*finds the slant razor*
*checks price*
*faints*

I think I'll stick with the FOCS. This sounds like epsilon improvement for a large delta in price. But more power to those who buy. Looks like a good choice for those with limited tolerance for Fatip QC.

Serious money for machined Alu. RazoRock and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements manage to do machined Alu for much less. Must be the high cost of polishing.

Serious money for machined Alu. RazoRock and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements manage to do machined Alu for much less. Must be the high cost of polishing.
It looks like it, John.

As an example, any Wolfman head (i.e. cap and baseplate) costs $250... but mirror polished costs $450.

Fine Accouterments outsource manufacturing to China. You can imagine how little it costs them. Then, they turn around and sell it to you for a very high price. Hmm...

On the subject of aluminum slants, has anyone tried the Focus Dynamic slant (R53 if I remember)? It’s another Italian-made slant.

Top Bottom