What's new

Fine Slant Razor (polished aluminum) I’M IN LOVE

Thanks to @Cal and @Klinker for being the enablers who had me try this razor.

I used a new German Wilkinson Sword as I had it out already so the razor wasn’t even sporting one of my preferred blades.

I used Taconic soap and shaved after a hot shower. I am very impressed by the razor despite how light it is. It is very smooth without a hint of wanting to nip me while being more efficient than the 🦊 and perhaps slightly less than the WB.

The weight reminds me of the PBOCS and ElF but the feel is VERY similar to the WB. It has more sweet sound than the WB but not nearly what the ElF or PBOCS.

I had a little feedback from the alum and Proraso, but not as much as the WB usually provides. The result is slickness, very very good shave.

I, as everyone knows, love the FOCS and WB....the Fine Slant is added to the list of my favorites (so 3 now plus my Red Tip) and I do not do that lightly.

The fact I got it Black Friday for $70 makes it quite a buy as far as I’m concerned.

85C3B9F8-668D-4956-A842-1FC13DC42EC9.jpeg

2 more uses and the Fine Slant has been a joy. It is basically a kinder, gentler Wunderbar in its performance. I find it to be easier to wield around, nearly as easy as the 🦊 and to give great shaves with no blood or irritation.

Looking at the gap one would assume it to be less smooth than the Wunderbar but not so in practice.

0336DC0B-53BB-483C-AD1A-FF02CC79A347.gif

Reactions: Cal
I wanted to offer an update on the Fine Slant since @Cal hasn’t given one for a while 🤠

I have been using the Fine in my main rotation of the FOCS and Wunderbar, those 3 make up my goto tools. I will sometimes use the El Fantasma or PBOCS in there but mostly the 3 amigos are all I could ask for in shaving tools.

I recently acquired here on the forum a second WB and the discontinued Fine Superlite Slant! The FSLS is almost identical to the Fine Aluminum Slant but is made from silver plastic and is lighter (if you find that believable) but shaves much the same. The only real difference in use I can find is that the plastic version is not quite as smooth against the grain on my tough neck hair. This is mitigated by simply slowing down the speed of the pass and carefully applying pressure. The result is a shave just as fantastic as the aluminum version.

Back to the aluminum Fine Slant....

I love the razor. It is within a tiny bit as efficient as the Wunderbar (that is saying something) and is almost as smooth as the 🦊. It seems to split the difference perfectly, it truly has almost the best attributes of both.

The knurling is well done and the razor is easy to use, you never feel like it is trying to bloody you. It makes beautiful noises as it’s cutting, something the 🦊 and WB lack. I attribute this to the materials they’re each made from. The plastic version sings like an opera star and perhaps I’m strange but I enjoy audible feedback (the main reason I love my Red Tip).

It is not hard to find the angle and in fact it is very forgiving and works in different techniques very well. I find it does not require as steep an angle as the 🦊 but will work there. It performs well shallow too and pretty much everywhere in between. The weight isn’t an issue, do not let aluminum construction dissuade you from this tool. I can go from brass and stainless to the Fine without issue.

At $100 it is a great deal in my opinion. At the $70 I paid on Black Friday it is fantastic. The machining and finish is superb and the performance ... 👍🏻

Get yourself one.

6D7563DB-CB8D-4D85-9BD1-714B485AF68F.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I wanted to offer an update on the Fine Slant since @Cal hasn’t given one for a while 🤠

I have been using the Fine in my main rotation of the FOCS and Wunderbar, those 3 make up my goto tools. I will sometimes use the El Fantasma or PBOCS in there but mostly the 3 amigos are all I could ask for in shaving tools.

I recently acquired here on the forum a second WB and the discontinued Fine Superlite Slant! The FSLS is almost identical to the Fine Aluminum Slant but is made from silver plastic and is lighter (if you find that believable) but shaves much the same. The only real difference in use I can find is that the plastic version is not quite as smooth against the grain on my tough neck hair. This is mitigated by simply slowing down the speed of the pass and carefully applying pressure. The result is a shave just as fantastic as the aluminum version.

Back to the aluminum Fine Slant....

I love the razor. It is within a tiny bit as efficient as the Wunderbar (that is saying something) and is almost as smooth as the 🦊. It seems to split the difference perfectly, it truly has almost the best attributes of both.

The knurling is well done and the razor is easy to use, you never feel like it is trying to bloody you. It makes beautiful noises as it’s cutting, something the 🦊 and WB lack. I attribute this to the materials they’re each made from. The plastic version sings like an opera star and perhaps I’m strange but I enjoy audible feedback (the main reason I love my Red Tip).

It is not hard to find the angle and in fact it is very forgiving and works in different techniques very well. I find it does not require as steep an angle as the 🦊 but will work there. It performs well shallow too and pretty much everywhere in between. The weight isn’t an issue, do not let aluminum construction dissuade you from this tool. I can go from brass and stainless to the Fine without issue.

At $100 it is a great deal in my opinion. At the $70 I paid on Black Friday it is fantastic. The machining and finish is superb and the performance ... 👍🏻

Get yourself one.

View attachment 1204449
Great review!

Just orderd one to replace the merkur slant i gave away, this gave me an excuse to replase one slant with another.. i have a yaqi slant i love and a PAA plastic slant which was even better so can't wait to try the Fine acc aluninium slant.

Top Bottom