What's new

Fine Marvel Razor measured up + first shave report.

Fine Marvel Razor SOTD
SOTD-FM-Y_2020-10-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/44 Pure
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (5)
ASL: Cool Lemon

A super shave. :biggrin:

I used to be a minimalist. If I still was, these five items would be an excellent choice to stay with forever. But fickleness has taken over and I'll no doubt be experimenting with MORE STUFF in the not too distant future. :crazy:

Happy shaves guys! :cornut:

I have had the Fine Marvel for about 9 months. I find it to be a very smooth and close shaving razor. Although the blade gap looks forbidding, I don't find it to be a biter. I also do not feel it has excessive blade feel. Just smooth, close, and comfortable shaves for me.

eric.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Does anyone have an opinion as to which is more efficient Fine razor - the Marvel versus the Slant?

Fine Marvel Razor SOTD
SOTD-FM-Y_2020-10-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/44 Pure
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (5)
ASL: Cool Lemon

A super shave. :biggrin:

I used to be a minimalist. If I still was, these five items would be an excellent choice to stay with forever. But fickleness has taken over and I'll no doubt be experimenting with MORE STUFF in the not too distant future. :crazy:

Happy shaves guys! :cornut:
Thank you mucho for this review.
Seems like a hidden gem and appears to be discontinued.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Quite expensive. I have 8 slant razors, I'm pretty sure the Fine slant is a nice razor, but can't see how it would add much.
It's a bit too rich for my blood at the moment. My razor slush fund is depleted.

8 Slants... that's pretty cool. I have three at the moment.. well, the last one will arrive this week sometime.

It's a bit too rich for my blood at the moment. My razor slush fund is depleted.

8 Slants... that's pretty cool. I have three at the moment.. well, the last one will arrive this week sometime.
Among mine are vintages too.
Come to think of it: I actually have 12, if I count my Mulcuto slants in 4 different versions, three NOS, still wrapped in their thin greesproof paper.
Plus a Fasan Doppelschraege and some bakelite 1930's slants 🧐

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Among mine are vintages too.
Come to think of it: I actually have 12, if I count my Mulcuto slants in 4 different versions, three NOS, still wrapped in their thin greesproof paper.
Plus a Fasan Doppelschraege and some bakelite 1930's slants 🧐
Nice, Jack.

Top Bottom