What's new

fine marvel de razor

worth buying you think? it's only 40 dollars. For those that have used it, your opinions? is it aggressive or mild? how efficient is it and do you think it's worth buying considering it's 40 dollars?

I'd call it just medium aggressive but quite efficient . I have no regrets buying one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I know the razor is made from zinc alloy, but how does the razor look? is it beautiful to look at?
Personally i don't much like the looks of the handle. Head is fine but it is cast Zamak and you will see imprecision if you want to look for it. You can decide for sure from photos whether beautiful is an apt description.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have one and really like the shaves I get from it. I changed out the handle because I just didn't like the feel or weight. Now I know some members have had some issues with the head in regards to finish etc, but I have to say that mine is perfect. here's a couple of pics of the handle I got from Evgeny on Ebay. It's Titanium and I really like it and think it looks great with the head.
fullsizeoutput_d7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_d8.jpeg

I have one.

Its best feature is that the cap and guide bar make it so that the only way the blade can touch your face is at a near-perfect angle to get a safe but aggressive shave. Using it for about 4 months straight helped me understand the importance of two things - a shallow angle, and finding the balance point of a razor.

I liked it enough to buy 3 as stocking stuffers last Christmas for the younger men of the family.

Having said all that, once I got a Rockwell 6s, I have rarely used the Fine Marvel. If I were to do it over again, I would give serious consideration to the Rockwell 6c over the Fine Marvel, since they are about the same price.

Leisureguy who you can google likes them and lists it as a good and efficient raze for what it’s worth.

Rockwell 6C is better overall.

The marvel is a good shaver, gentle on the skin but efficient with a 0.95mm gap.

The finishing is horrible! Bubbly plating and zamac exposed in the cap means it likely won't last long.

I got mine for travel so it's fine for that but I can't say I'm happy because Todd at fine refused to address my issue!

The 6C has flawless plating and shaves about as good as the marvel, perhaps just a tiny bit less efficient.

I know the razor is made from zinc alloy, but how does the razor look? is it beautiful to look at?
I e-mailed Todd (owner of Fine) a few weeks ago asking if he had any plans to make a stainless steel Marvel razor.

He replied with a no BUT that he is working on a titanium version, so you may want to wait for that!

I have one and really like the shaves I get from it. I changed out the handle because I just didn't like the feel or weight.

Great suggestion!

This morning I put a 93mm handle (from a Parker) on the Fine Marvel cap/plate. It made for a very nice shave, 99% BBS in two passes. I just can't reach the uppermost stubble below my nostrils with the FM. But that has always been an issue.

Geofatboy, the owner of Shave Nation praised this razor in his you tube video on it. I bought one several weeks ago and was astounded at the shave. For me it gives the best shaves of any razor I've had. I retired my slim and Rockwell 6s.
Like you I put another handle on it - a Yuma razor handle for laughs. I like using the razor better with the lighter handle.

I own a couple of dozen razors. The Fine Marvel razor is unique. It has a different design on the head. As far as the shave goes it's smooth and comfortable and efficient. It's a very good razor.
Built quality=7 1/2
Smoothness=8 1/2
Comfort= 8 1/2
Efficiency= 9
Aesthetics= 7
Price= 8

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
What is the marvel comparable to in terms of efficiency? A Rockwell 6 with the most efficient plate?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

What is the marvel comparable to in terms of efficiency? A Rockwell 6 with the most efficient plate?

If the Rockwell had a 7 plate, it would probably match the single-pass efficiency of the FM.

What makes this a difficult question to answer is that with the Rockwell, using a 5 or 6 plate and no added pressure, you get plenty of auditory feedback. You can hear each whisker get cut, and you know when you are "done" with an area of your face. The FM just glides silently and leaves behind a smooth face in one pass. Except, of course, under your nose where no matter what angle you take or how many passes you make, it can't reach. You have to keep another blade of some sort on hand to clean up, and this eliminates whatever efficiency you might gain from the FM because now you have two razors to clean up.

Top Bottom