What's new

Fine L'Orange Noir review; to all the SOZ lovers, you have your AS!

Just tried it this morning...SUPER good stuff!

After a 3 pass shave, I applied, and at first there is a pretty hefty burn, and then settles down fairly quickly to a nice, cool, menthol sensation. Dry down was clean, and an hour later I can still smell that lovely TdH-SOZ-Windsor scent, so I am really happy with the "linger factor". Also, it is quite soothing and left me refreshed. This is just what I was hoping for from this product.

If you are wondering how this stacks up to D.R. Harris Windsor, I would have to say that I like them equally. The Fine has the menthol, Windsor does not. So, you have a nice "pair to draw to" with a summer and winter AS to choose from.

At $15 plus $3.99 shipping from their Etsy store (vs. $37 for the Winsor), the Fine L'Orange Noir is a steal imo. I ordered this last Friday, and it arrived Monday. Kudos to Mr. Fine!

To all the SOZ lovers out there, I think we have a real winner here.

Cheers!:a39:

How does it compare to Terre d'Hermes? Is it close enough that they could be worn together?

P.S. I'm a HUGE Pink Floyd fan!

I've only tested the TdH; I don't own it. If you have the RR Son Of Zeus shave croap, I can tell you its a very close match to that scent (which everyone says smells like TdH).
I put this on like 6 hours ago, and it is still lingering.

I also ordered one Friday and got it Monday. I think the scent is closer to TdH then SoZ. But I love all of them and so does the SWMBO!

Received the L'Orange Noir today and applied after shaving. Absolutely wonderful. Love the Orange scent and the dry down. Right up there with the American Blend.!!!

How does it compare to Terre d'Hermes? Is it close enough that they could be worn together?

P.S. I'm a HUGE Pink Floyd fan!
+1 for Pink Floyd...I think Meddle has to be my favorite.
Additionally, you are the first person to comment on my sig :ouch1:

Last edited:
+1 for Pink Floyd...I think Meddle has to be my favorite.
Additionally, you are the first person to comment on my sig :ouch1:

I am proud to say that I own every album they released (minus the compilations), so I guess you could say I'm a fan.

I got my sample pack in on Friday and finally got around to trying one today. I hate every vetiver I've ever tried, so I tried the Clean Vetiver first. I don't like the way it smelled in the bottle, but love the way it smells on. Every vetiver I've smelled smells like dirt to me, but this is spicer and mildly floral. It's very nice.

I did notice that the L'Orange Noir smells exactly like DrH Windsor to me. Also, the Barbershop was remarkably close to Pinaud Clubman.

I'll definitely be buying a couple bottles, but I have to try them all before I decide.

I love the Windsor cream + Fine La Orange Noir AS. Can anyone recommend a complimenting AS Balm besides the Windsor Milk?

Top Bottom